MTG Remastered Editions

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
TranceWarp

MTG Remastered Editions

Post by TranceWarp »

I have started a project to bring the older sets up to the "new" graphics setting and am using the new official game text for each of the cards. Here's a sample of what I'm on about:

I will post status up here as I finish stuff. Yes...I'm doing the sets out of order!

Currently:

(LEA): PSP v1.2 & HQ v1.2. Wasp token included! FiXED: "Timetwister" and "Hypnotic Specter" mana costs. :oops:
(HML): PSP & HQ. Tokens are redone with Homelands set symbol.
(LEG): PSP v1.4 & HQ v1.0 NEW Stangg Twin token included. Other tokens are from "official" set. Art for "Moat" fixed.
(ICE): PSP v1.2 & HQ v1.2 Veldt and Thunder Wall fixed. All blue cards that were misnumbered are now correct. Spoils of Evil mana cost corrected.
(SDC): COMPLETED! Comes with custom Zombie token!
(VIS): PSP & HQ. Thanks to Nimrais from Deviantart for for letting me use her art for the Sheep token! Many thanks! ;)
(WTL): PSP & HQ
Alliances (ALL): FINISHED! PSP & HQ

I'm definitely going to get some "test material" to get the set symbols right since the reference material available isn't "really" HD. The current Homelands symbol is one I made from looking at a box top at an online reseller.
If anyone wants to submit new art for the tokens, I'll be more than happy to include you name as the card artist. :)
Last edited by TranceWarp on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 22 times in total.
If pro is the opposite of con, then is progress the opposite of Congress?
- source unknown
bcdiscman

Re: MTG Remastered Editions

Post by bcdiscman »

Looks good, but I'd lose the black boarder (to keep cards as large as possible). :D
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
TranceWarp

Post by TranceWarp »

I plan on doing that once the set is complete. This is just a sample of the completed cards in LEA so far. :)
- source unknown
mickey_brown

Post by mickey_brown »

I've pretty much already done this. Perhaps you should do another set, that way we can take them all on faster?
KF1

Post by KF1 »

I like what you are doing please finish this set.
TranceWarp

Post by TranceWarp »

Your wish is my command! :)

LEA Remastered PSP (with Wasp token for The Hive!): Mediafire Link

This may still be a work in progress as I find things wrong with it. I've delayed release once I found that I had STILL had some wrong power / toughness and mana cost issues. If you find errors, please let me know so it can be fixed post haste.

@ mickey_brown: I looked at your sets. The cards are very beautiful indeed. I'm thinking of downloading them myself for playing. However, I'm simply doing this for the people who like the newer official graphics and the terminology of the MTG games.

EDIT: I fixed three cards...
  • Clockwork Beast (missing mana cost)
  • Lightning Bolt (mana cost was 2R, not R like it's supposed to be)
  • Pearl Unicorn's text was offset, I've fixed that
EDIT part duex: D'oh! I didn't realize how tokens work. If you did the coding, remove it. I just re-re-edited the .zip file so that it works. :oops:
Last edited by TranceWarp on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- source unknown
TranceWarp

Post by TranceWarp »

Homelands released! Clickski

Tokens are from the "official release" elsewhere on the site. I'll have a picture up shortly.
- source unknown
KF1

Post by KF1 »

TranceWarp wrote:Homelands released! Clickski

Tokens are from the "official release" elsewhere on the site. I'll have a picture up shortly.

Nicely done on the Homelands set.

One MINOR problem though the art for Primal Order [Card #2974] uses the same art as Koskun Falls [Card #2927]. I like the orginal Primal Order art...

Also the remastered card art is a much lighter than the original Homelands set. Can the remastered card art be darkend up?

You should let Abrasax use the tokens from your Homelands set to update Homelands in the Official Sets...
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Here's a small set to try out http://www.magiclibrarities.net/400-rar ... mages.html

I think most of the work is done and the text boxes below each card picture has a translation...

Too bad we can't generate random numbers in game to make them or the Astral Set playable yet.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Any news on this?