Bas' random questions regarding card coding

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
Bas

Re: Bas' random questions regarding card coding

Post by Bas »

Actually, have it in the primitive itself as it is just a token. (Works with numeric at least)
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Still working on scry btw. Looking good. Decided to keep going since i was already almost 20 hours into it
Bas

Post by Bas »

You mean engine-sided? Thought your last stance was that you had given up on that on the current engine, lol.
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Not totally, wagics is a huge part of me :)

Kev seems very dedicated to it as well, so im not the only dev adding major content, which wasnt a pleasure i had when i was in his shoes. Everyone played a huge role dont get me wrong, but there were times where i felt completely alone aside from doc.its very morale shattering. I figure whatever i can add will help kev in his goals, also, if its ability related the code will be reusable to an extent.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Are you aware of some issues with PSP build(s)?

Either not bootable, or pretty slow in deck construction mode (about 1/3 slower than pre-1.9.2 I believe) and/or images are missing in deck editor.
Forums are down atm.

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Not completely, however, the further we developed the touch devices, the further we drew away from psp restrictions on wagics core.
Before i took a break we had decided that while we would continue to support psp building, we would no longer limit the touch devices ability just so psp can remain. Ultimately, we replaced items such as fonts with hires fonts and pushed more towards supporting current devices.

333mhz processor
64mb ram
Thats a psp.

Wagic with just hires graphics folder not counting images of cards, requires 139mbs to 150mbs to run optimal.

The psp runs a lot slower and randomly crashes because it cant clear ram to store new stuff fast enough with its 333mhz to continue loading stuff.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Zethfox wrote:
333mhz processor
64mb ram
Thats a psp.

Wagic with just hires graphics folder not counting images of cards, requires 139mbs to 150mbs to run optimal.

The psp runs a lot slower and randomly crashes because it cant clear ram to store new stuff fast enough with its 333mhz to continue loading stuff.
I wonder does the psp vita run homebrew like wagic?
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Not sure, wololo would know. Hacking psp is his thing lol
Bas

Post by Bas »

Zethfox wrote:Not completely, however, the further we developed the touch devices, the further we drew away from psp restrictions on wagics core.
Before i took a break we had decided that while we would continue to support psp building, we would no longer limit the touch devices ability just so psp can remain. Ultimately, we replaced items such as fonts with hires fonts and pushed more towards supporting current devices.

333mhz processor
64mb ram
Thats a psp.

A strange thing I observed: When the game is lagging hard in a magic match it helps very often just keeping LT pressed and after 1-2 turns the game very often stabilizes back to normal.

No clue why this is the case, but i wonder if the same function could be called somewhen/somewhere else.
Forums are down atm.