*/* creature stats reloading

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
Bas

*/* creature stats reloading

Post by Bas »

Hi!

I noticed some creatures, such as the Slagfiend, Brood...something (IIRC 8UU */* = artifacts in play) only enter the BF with their correct values, but don't adjust during play when the atk/def should change. Without knowing too mcuh about card coding, isn't it possible to create an effect which triggers when creature enters BF AND when phases getting switched (alternative: on certain phases) as a workaround?

Still wouldn't be like it should, but that would be still better I guess.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Bas

Re: */* creature stats reloading

Post by Bas »

See also:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66226

For these card(s) the foreach way worked.
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

latest GIT Build is working with CDA in effect (their */* PT also dynamically changes in all zones...).
look at the screenshot below, krovikan mist p/t in hand changes dynamically...
Bas

Post by Bas »

IIRC I tried recent Github releases more or less 2 moths ago but couldn't get them running on my psp or faced other issues.

This at least explains why the official wagic mtg.txt didn't work for all cards at that matter.

If I have to do decide I would side with foreach so more wagic builds are supported, cdactive can be used when newer Wagic versions are more widespread - imho. At least this way cards would be more functional for ppl.

(Official) Master Transmuter working in your vers?
Forums are down atm.

kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Bas wrote:IIRC I tried recent Github releases more or less 2 moths ago but couldn't get them running on my psp or faced other issues.

This at least explains why the official wagic mtg.txt didn't work for all cards at that matter.

If I have to do decide I would side with foreach so more wagic builds are supported, cdactive can be used when newer Wagic versions are more widespread - imho. At least this way cards would be more functional for ppl.

(Official) Master Transmuter working in your vers?
The problem without cdaactive is the computation of power and toughness taken into account if there are layers of buffs that adds or subtract power and toughness. if not using cdaactive, its like removing layer 7a 7b and 7c from mtg rulings... well it's up to you what to use.

Also another note: example you have tarmogoyf (or any */* cards).
*/* will be counted no matter which zone they are in. i.e. if there are 4 different card types amongst graveyards then it's power/toughness is 4/5 in all zones.
Other cards have their power/toughness modified when they are on the battlefield.

I added anyzone for that...

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Tarmogoyf
anyzone=gravecardtypes/plusonegravecardtypes cdaactive
text=Tarmogoyf's power is equal to the number of card types among cards in all graveyards and its toughness is equal to that number plus 1. (The card types are artifact, creature, enchantment, instant, land, planeswalker, sorcery, and tribal.)
mana={1}{G}
type=Creature
subtype=Lhurgoyf
power=*
toughness=1+*
[/card]