Unsupported Cards

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
Zethfox

Re: Unsupported Cards

Post by Zethfox »

taco post a bug report for that in the issues on google.code please....the line that would cause the crash if the card was removed before end of turn. whenever a code can cause a crash we like to fix the holes that cause it :)
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

i would but i was conducting the test with a version of Gaea's blessing i was coding which may have been causing the crash as well. i got both cards working together though Gaea's blessing needed to be modded in order to work so i cant post it here as it is not legit. So I am not sure which card was causing the bug. Sorry.

Also the card that i changed was one i coded to begin with so I am not sure whether it is worth a bug report. I can test it more another time but do not have time now. But the issue was basically this

auto=deplete:7
auto=@next endofturn:moveto(exile) notatarget(<7>*|mygraveyard)

If you want to test it with other moveto cards then feel free. I will later if i have time. Though the modded code i have now seems to work but I have to test it more as there may be an issue since both abilities do seem to stack so there might be a problem with certain numbers of cards in the graveyard.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
dber

Post by dber »

What about this convoke code:

[card]
name=Sundering Vitae
auto=destroy target(artifact,enchantment)
autohand={0}:name(Convoke green) tap target(<anyamount>creature[-tapped;green]|mybattlefield) && all(this|myHand) counter(0/0,1,convokedgreen) ueot
autohand={0}:name(Convoke othercolor) tap target(<anyamount>creature[-tapped]|mybattlefield) && all(this|myHand) counter(0/0,1,convokedothercolor) ueot
other={G}{1}{C(0/0,-1,convokedothercolor)}
other={G}{C(0/0,-2,convokedothercolor)}
other={C(0/0,-3,convokedgreen)}
other={1}{C(0/0,-2,convokedgreen)}
other={1}{C(0/0,-1,convokedgreen)}{C(0/0,-1,convokedothercolor)}
other={2}{C(0/0,-1,convokedgreen)}
text=Convoke (Each creature you tap while casting this spell reduces its cost by {1} or by one mana of that creature's color.) -- Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
mana={2}{G}
type=Instant
[/card]
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

I created this topic for cards that are on the unsupported list that can be coded using current codes or very minor workarounds. I dont know if this one will qualify since it doesnt follow game rules and looks like it uses a pretty major workaround.

What happens if the card costs more than its printed cost. like a card that says green spells cost 1 more to play or a G more to play. Its a good attempt and would be okay for a workaround but this topic is for cards that should be in the mtg.txt or at least in the borderline.txt.

Thanks for trying to help out though.

dber

Post by dber »

Tacoghandi wrote:I created this topic for cards that are on the unsupported list that can be coded using current codes or very minor workarounds. I dont know if this one will qualify since it doesnt follow game rules and looks like it uses a pretty major workaround.

What happens if the card costs more than its printed cost. like a card that says green spells cost 1 more to play or a G more to play. Its a good attempt and would be okay for a workaround but this topic is for cards that should be in the mtg.txt or at least in the borderline.txt.

Thanks for trying to help out though.
then the other way to do convoke would be to altercost of the spell. i don't know if it works but it should

[card]
name=Sundering Vitae
auto=destroy target(artifact,enchantment)
autohand={0}:name(Convoke green) tap target(<anyamount>creature[-tapped;green]|mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[all(this|myhand) altercost(green,-1)])) ueot
autohand={0}:name(Convoke othercolor) tap target(<anyamount>creature[-tapped]|mybattlefield) &&transforms((,newability[all(this|myhand) altercost(colorless,-1)])) ueot
text=Convoke (Each creature you tap while casting this spell reduces its cost by {1} or by one mana of that creature's color.) -- Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
mana={2}{G}
type=Instant
[/card]

(change it for other color cases)
Last edited by dber on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

Was going through my extra card code today and found this is easily codable now.

[card]
name=Flame Wave
target=player
auto=damage:4
auto=damage:4 all(creature|targetedpersonsbattlefield)
text=Flame Wave deals 4 damage to target player and each creature that he or she controls.
mana={3}{R}{R}{R}{R}
type=Sorcery
[/card]

KF1

Post by KF1 »

Tacoghandi wrote:Was going through my extra card code today and found this is easily codable now.

[card]
name=Flame Wave
target=player
auto=damage:4
auto=damage:4 all(creature|targetedpersonsbattlefield)
text=Flame Wave deals 4 damage to target player and each creature that he or she controls.
mana={3}{R}{R}{R}{R}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
Keep those card codes coming along. Thank you for sharing this.
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

thanks

dber

Post by dber »

[card]
name=Griselbrand
auto={L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}: draw:7
text=Flying, lifelink. -- Pay 7 life: Draw seven cards.
mana={4}{B}{B}{B}{B}
abilities=flying,lifelink
type=Legendary Creature
subtype=Demon
power=7
toughness=7
[/card]
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

dber wrote:[card]
name=Griselbrand
auto={L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}: draw:7
text=Flying, lifelink. -- Pay 7 life: Draw seven cards.
mana={4}{B}{B}{B}{B}
abilities=flying,lifelink
type=Legendary Creature
subtype=Demon
power=7
toughness=7
[/card]
This topic is for official unsupported cards only. Griselbrand is not a part of wagic yet as Avacyn Restored is not included in the mtg.txt file. This is for cards that appear in the unsupported.txt file. This would be posted in the Avacyn Restored topic in custom sets, however, Griselbrand is already in the AVR.txt primitives file and is supported there.