Rebound [Inquiry]

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
KF1

Rebound [Inquiry]

Post by KF1 »

Can cards like Staggershock [Rebound] be coded as suspend 1 ? Or is that another work around?
Shadowfireomega

Re: Rebound [Inquiry]

Post by Shadowfireomega »

I don't know how suspend is coded, but If it's 100% rule wise, you would get two choices, play and suspend, play would do the damage, and discard the card, suspend would exile the card before the first damage, then come into play and deal only the second damage, then discard the card. Unless there is a trigger coded that is "when exiled from hand" (I don't believe there is, cause then I think there would be "when discarded" trigger and wilt-leaf liege would be in already) I dont think that suspend would even work as a work-around.
Wagic: the Homebrew Image Pack Easy Installers

"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, I would never learn anything, and that would be a sad life." -Benjamin Fisher
check out my blog http://shadowfireomega.blogspot.com/
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

suspend is already supported...i assume you meant "rebound" wouldnt work....
Shadowfireomega

Post by Shadowfireomega »

Zethfox wrote:suspend is already supported...i assume you meant "rebound" wouldnt work....
Well, more of suspend would not work as a workaround for rebound. I'm sure there is some clever workaround to make it work. But workarounds are pretty buggy, so I would wait until rebound's coded.
Wagic: the Homebrew Image Pack Easy Installers

"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, I would never learn anything, and that would be a sad life." -Benjamin Fisher
check out my blog http://shadowfireomega.blogspot.com/
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

the problem with rebound is that it is alot like a post cast suspend....you cast the card, then it resolves into a suspend...so you are correct, it wouldn't work as suspend for now...becuase i have suspend being handled as a "casting" action.