Is there a to do list?

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
night_day

Is there a to do list?

Post by night_day »

I'd like to help out, but there are so many cards and was wondering if there is a to do list kept anywhere? Or is it just a matter of finding cards I want to use that aren't coded?
Zethfox

Re: Is there a to do list?

Post by Zethfox »

the chances of finding cards not yet coded that we can actually support 99% is *very* slim... :)
personally the best help our forum users could give is playing the game :) note bugs and report them.
ittobaal

Post by ittobaal »

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=266

Basically if you can code then find something that nags you, an ability that you would like to see or a bug in the bug list and fix it. Otherwise the next best thing is to test/test/test and report bugs viewforum.php?f=4
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Zethfox wrote:the chances of finding cards not yet coded that we can actually support 99% is *very* slim... :)
Well, nervertheless this chance still exist, the "historic" of wagic clearly shows that some "codable" cards always make it through.
night_day wrote:I'd like to help out, but there are so many cards and was wondering if there is a to do list kept anywhere? Or is it just a matter of finding cards I want to use that aren't coded?
You can find a list of "todo" cards in the RES/sets/mtg_todo.dat

You can open this file with a text editor such as notepad, it contain all cards that are currently not coded (or should contain all cards that are currently not coded, don't forget to check with the mtg.txt in case you find a card you think can be coded).

Normally cards are not found by going trough this list, most of the users that submitted card code that could be added to the SVN were looking for a particular card and trying to code it.

A part from the card coding, and as mentioned by ittobaal you can help with all other matters, especially with custom made content, it being themes, music, graphics (such as wallpaper), custom deck (ai or player) etc..etc.. Or any code additions (please submit in the appropriate forum or directly by MP to wololo), especially if you have any gifted talents (like c++ maybe?) ;-)

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
night_day

Post by night_day »

Thanks, unfortunately I don't know any C++. I am in web application development by trade so C# is the best I can do! I know the differences are pretty large between C# and C++ in terms of things I need to manage, but I think I could maybe help with some pseudo code. Might be something I look at later, but as for right now, I agree, user created content is probably something I can help with. I'm already thinking about a campaign since we only have the great brothers war campaign!

Oh, I can't find this todo.dat either. Is there a special version to download? I have both the windows and psp 0.14.1.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

night_day wrote: Oh, I can't find this todo.dat either. Is there a special version to download? I have both the windows and psp 0.14.1.
http://wagic.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/p ... g_todo.dat