Card Coding - Posting Guideline & Index (Update 2011/02/21)

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
abrasax

Card Coding - Posting Guideline & Index (Update 2011/02/21)

Post by abrasax »

Before posting in this section you should read the following : http://code.google.com/p/wagic/wiki/CardCode

In many case you can find the answer to your question by looking at the "mtg.txt" (located in RES/SETS/PRIMITIVES), if you can't find the card you are looking for, then it mean it has not been coded yet.

Please use the search function before asking questions about a specific card.

If you like to post your code in this section please use the following format:

Name of the card - (STATUS)

The status should be :
Inquiry:You would like to know if the card is codable or not but do not have any code to propose.

Card that need to be tested/confirmed by Dev team
Require Testing : You have a code that you did not test and ask if some user could help you
Require Confirmation : You tested the card, it works and you are requestion confirmation from other users

Working cards
Working : The card is working as intented and has been confirmed working by a member of the DEV team
Working - Crappy : The card is partly working, playable but will not be added to the SVN for the moment
Working - Borderline : The card is working but not in 100% of the situation (some rare occasion where it does not work); Coder will decide wether or not to add this card to the SVN
Working & Added : The card is working as intended and has been added to the SVN - Once update to the SVN the topic will be locked.

Discussed : The card coding is currently discussed and tested by several users, status is unclear.

Please try to respect this Guideline, as it help the coding team to keep track of what is the status of each card and to keep the SVN up to date. Try not post all of your questions/code in the same topic, except if it concern a specific generic keyword or ability that you found a workaround for.

In most of the other case if you are asking a questions it should always be

"How to"[QUESTION] ?

Enjoy,

Abra
Last edited by wololo on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed non-updated bits
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer

Re: Card Coding - Posting Guideline & Index (Update 28.06.10

Post by Nazar-WTH-PCgamer »

I would like to mention the very first link is broken... making it difficult to read it before posting ;)

"Before posting in this section you should read the following : http://wololo.net/miki/index.php/Wagic/CardCode"

Please erase this message once the link is fixed to avoid keeping an unnecessary post.
CHEERS!
Nazar is meant to rule the world... Someday! Once Nazar is in charge, goblins won't have to hide or shovel orcish poops no more. Vote for Nazar!!!
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

this is actually so out of date i would suggest having it moved to achieves since this was made, i became a dev here and added close to almost 3k cards...and the support for them...half if not all the cards which are on these list are added in current...

i plan on updating the wiki in the weeks to come...we've stepped away from adding workarounds to the primitives as it does 2 things, both negitive...
first when i code support for an ability, it deprecates the card counts...exsample, combat triggers would have been close to 500 NEW cards with 99%-100% supported status...instead it turned out to be 250ish cards added, and 250 cards "optimized" which actually means the silly work arounds used were replaced with true support...kinda turns a "YAY, NEW CARDS!" moment into a much lesser "yay, but we already had those cards"
2nd thing it does...since the cards that were workarounds generally used crazy combinations and sometimes bugs to work correctly, they were creating tons of "extra work" to maintain cards which at best were only 50% correct with the workarounds they used. we(myself primarily) were recieving more and more bug reports as the "bugs" they used got fixed...which is a blah moment for us, considering we're fixing a bug, it should not then be turned into "hey so and so card stopped working correctly" and having to explain that the reason it ever worked was becuase it used some crazy loop hole in the code to actually do anything at all....a great exsample was old bushido...which was laughable at best.
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer

After I checked on most of the links and cards listed, I would agree with Zethfox that the second half of the first post is outdated. To be more specific, I'm talking about the part starting with "Post in this section will be edited to follow this Guideline." (in red font). It would probably be better taking it off than updating all links to all work currently being done and discussed elsewhere on the forum.

For that reason, an ADMIN or a MOD could do the following steps:

- move this whole topic to archives;
- find the new topic I made under with almost same name except for the date:
"Board index ‹ User-created content ‹ Card Coding < Posting Guideline & Index";
- stick it as always on top;
- lock it so nobody messes it up.

I think the whole first part of the top post from this topic is still very relevant and it is why I wanted to keep it somehow. It gives the link to the miki file (which was down previously but is now back and updated, yeah!). I removed the date in the topic title because the link refers to the miki which has its own revision date.

Thanks!
Nazar is meant to rule the world... Someday! Once Nazar is in charge, goblins won't have to hide or shovel orcish poops no more. Vote for Nazar!!!
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Card Coding - Posting Guideline & Index (Update 2011/02/

Post by wololo »

I updated this thread.
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer: I am not clear as to why you duplicated this thread yet removed some of the parts that still seemed relevant to me. Such as the "working" and "discussed" status. I know abrasax is busy these days so I am willing to let you handle your topic, but before I do that can you describe why you did these changes? Is it because these statuses (working/discussed, ...) are not used at all maybe?
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

the super old stuff was all workarounds and almost 90% of the cards being discussed or methods to achieve support are already 100% support in wagic 15.1, those parts were obsolete things like "fling" being in the discussed section for exsample; we actually support fling now...
goojamin

Post by goojamin »

I was browsing the update card code miki and think I noticed a copy paste error in one of the examples in the phase based triggers section.

Current (which shows the same description as the example directly above it):

Code: Select all

@each combatbegins:life:2 controller 	(gives the card's controller 2 life at each of his upkeep phases)
Revised (I'm still new to the card coding format but I think this is at least close to the correct description for this line):

Code: Select all

@each combatbegins:life:2 controller 	(gives the card's controller 2 life at the beginning of both his and the opponents combat phase)
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer

Since v014, new keywords have been added to game but aren't part of the "Miki" yet. That is also true for even older keywords. Some of the ones I can think of are: "sacrifice", "teach", "oneshot" and now "suspend" recently added by Zethfox. There might be alot more but I would have to check unless someone already has a list of what needs to be added to the "Miki". I'll try to write a post in here that one with proper authorization level could copy and paste into the "Miki" to cover for the missing keywords I mentionned above. The rest can be added later if someone finds/adds some more. It is just a matter of letting readers know they have been added and how to use the with the generic template or with an example.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

the miki is open for anyone to edit, naz if you wanted to add the new keywords to the miki, be my guest...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Zeth since you added these you are the best to update the wiki. You don't have to but that would be really appreciated. IMO documentation is part of coding a keyword.