Mind Rot (Working - Crappy) - Wrench Mind (Non Working)

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
magicer

Mind Rot (Working - Crappy) - Wrench Mind (Non Working)

Post by magicer »

hi @ all
i'll cut right 2 the chase:

To build my great black deck that i just dug out from the mess that i call my room
I NEED (!) these 2 cards since they're the cornerstone 4 the strategy, it's pretty
simple cards actually:

- Mind Rot (Sorcery, {2}{B}, Target player discards two cards from his or her hand)
- Wrench Mind (Sorcery, {B}{B}, Target player discards two cards from his or her hand
unless he or she discards an artifact card from his or her hand)

now the second one might be a lil tricky due to the artifact thing but the first one -
come on!!! target player discards 2 cards from their hand???? what can be so hard
about that one?

I've now been playin wagic for a couple of days only but I would definitely say there
were some crazier cards than that... what's up with that? are you gonna tell me that
it is impossible to have a sorcery card that lets someone discard 2 cards from their
hand randomly??? Maybe these cards were intended for the discarding to be chosen
by the player but i'd be perfectly happy with random discarding...

now i don't know a whole lot about programming - learned some visual basics basics
in school but i can barely remember anything - besides the fact that with the kinda
stuff we were doing and the kinda stuff wagic is able to do, it has to be possible
to create a sorcery that makes the opponent discard cards from their hand???

the DECK is really great and i was so looking forward to using it against the computer
decks but i need 7 sourcery spells that each make the opponent
discard 2 cards (instants would be fine too of course :D)

someone please help with that? just a sorcery or instant that makes the opponent
discard 2 cards, all i need! is that impossible?

[EDIT ABRA: renamed and moved & merged with existing topic]
wololo
Site Admin

Re: What about these 2 cornerstone cards??!!!!

Post by wololo »

mind rot was removed from Wagic because it's supposed to let the user choose which cards to discard.
Random discard works, so, yeah, you can implement these cards if you don't mind them being too powerful.

Edit: also, don't post the same question in 4 different threads. Consider this as a friendly warning
bluntdbeat

Re: What about these 2 cornerstone cards??!!!!

Post by bluntdbeat »

You may use Hymn to Tourach (B)(B): Target player discards two cards at random.
KF1

Mind Rot (Working - Crappy)

Post by KF1 »

I believe this is working fine.

[card]
name=Mind Rot
target=player
auto=discard:2
text=Target player discards two cards.
mana={2}{B}
type=Sorcery
[/card]

I have not encountered any problems with this so far, except of course when the AI only has one card in its hand, LOL.

[EDIT ABRA : Changed Title - Status update]
Mercury071476

Re: Mind Rot

Post by Mercury071476 »

This is Awesome!...I'd been waiting for this card to work. i love discard decks and this will be a fine addition to it. but i have 2 questions though, can the AI be able to use this card? if yes, can we select the cards to be discarded?
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

Sorry guys,

the "discard"-keyword causes random discard! This is not what Mind Rot should do!
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Dr.Solomat wrote:Sorry guys,

the "discard"-keyword causes random discard! This is not what Mind Rot should do!
I'm very confused. Isn't that hair splitting?

Keep in mind that I have not been on the Magic scene for 10 years.

Where does it say chose and discard two target cards?

True, it doesn't say discard two random cards either.

However, the end result is that two cards (or less) get discarded by the AI.

It seems like a reasonable working card to me for 99% of the games I've played against the AI.
Saint

Post by Saint »

It clearly says: "Target player discards two cards" ( i have been playing magic for over 10 yearss btw :P) wich means if your opponent plays it against you, YOU get to choose wich cards to discard it doesen't happen at random so the AI should choose wich cards suck with this hand and the possible future draws it can get just like you would do yourself :) so at random doesen't apply here if that's what you meant, hope it helps :P
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

This card could be added to the mtg.txt, but should be graded as "crappy" in order to ensure that it is not used by any AI deck. Since this card would work fine in a player deck (as the AI will anyway not be able to choose which cards make more sens to discard) but against you, one could see it as too powerfull...

I'm not sure we will have any time soon an AI able to "choose" and "discard" a card....

In any case I suggest you use hymn to tourach it's less expensive and is more powerfull...

Grüssi

Abra.
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
Saint

Post by Saint »

I agree with abra, if you want it in an AI deck the AI engine should get a major intelligence boost, as of now it has no way to calculate what the possible outcome of multiple scenario's will be so it would just discards stuff at random.
It mostlikely will eventually be able to do this but i don't think it really has priority as for now (and its an insane alot of work i assume).
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652