Progenitus & other "shuffle into library" cards (Discussed)

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
frankho

Re: Coding help please?

Post by frankho »

abrasax wrote: It's not that aslongas doesn't work with autograveyard... it's more the "activation cost" {0} that make the whole thing not functionning properly... you cannot choose to activate this ability when ever you like it... it should be

Code: Select all

autograveyard=aslongas(mountain|myBattlefield) lord(creature|mybattlefield) haste
The above should work.

Enjoy,

Abra
thanks a lot .... :D
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

No need to thank me, thank you for finding these cards. If you find some other that could be coded don't hesitate to communicate them.

Even better would be to add the cards that you tested and are working directly into the mtg.txt and remove them from the mtg_todo.dat and post the modified file accordingly (with a small note of what has been added), you can also send them to wololo by PM directly, as I don't have the possibility to update anything atm.

If you add something to the mtg.txt don't hesitate to put the "grade" if necessary (meaning if not 100% working) and evtl. you can also add some notes by insering a "#" and your notes text to the mtg.txt.

Thanks again for your contribution,

Laurent
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
frankho

Post by frankho »

abrasax wrote:Hi,

No need to thank me, thank you for finding these cards. If you find some other that could be coded don't hesitate to communicate them.

Even better would be to add the cards that you tested and are working directly into the mtg.txt and remove them from the mtg_todo.dat and post the modified file accordingly (with a small note of what has been added), you can also send them to wololo by PM directly, as I don't have the possibility to update anything atm.

If you add something to the mtg.txt don't hesitate to put the "grade" if necessary (meaning if not 100% working) and evtl. you can also add some notes by insering a "#" and your notes text to the mtg.txt.

Thanks again for your contribution,

Laurent
thanks for you reminder. I am just new to start coding cards and will pm the changes.

BTW, I just code a simple card :

[card]
name=Spore Frog
auto={s}:preventAllcombatDamage ueot
text=Sacrifice Spore Frog: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn
[/card]

But the result is that preventAllcombatDamage effect will continue for the whold game.
what 's the problem here?
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

The preventAllcombatDamage is buggy. It has already been reported, this keyword was not coded in the first place for activated ability and therefore doesn't work properly yet, you can add your comment on the following ticket : http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/detail?id=286

All bugs are available here : http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/list

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!

Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

abrasax wrote: I tested the following yesterday with alabaster dragon and it worked... so it mean that such cards can now be added to the SVN.

Here is the code for alabaster dragon:

autograveyard=@movedTo(this|mygraveyard) from(myBattlefield):moveTo(ownerlibrary) && shuffle
Works fine for me.. I tested it by killing my own creature and it worked, I also tested by discarding it to ensure that the cards does not go back to the library in this case and it stayed in the graveyard....

So can some of you please test and confirm I'm not crazy.
I tested Alabaster Dragon: It is put onto the library, but the library does not get shuffled... . :( dang! Is there a known bug with "shuffle"?
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hallo Doktor,

Well not that I am aware of.

It could simply be because you had more than one alabaster dragon in your deck... also an hazard (hope never die)... I am not sure I really verified that the dragon was correctly shuffled. I hope there is no bug with shuffle, because I would really enjoy to see a darksteel colossus on day in wagic ;-).

Grüessi

Abra
We need your Help !!!

Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

Okay i tested a deck with just 1 Alabaster Dragon: same result again and again.... :(
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

mmmm.... I don't understand why... I mean we have beacon of creation coded with shuffle and it seems to work...

Maybe it could be that autograveyard and "shuffle" are not compatible... should we try a work around and say

auto=@movedto(this|myLibrary):shuffle

If it doesn't work then it probably mean shuffle and trigger are not really compatible atm...

Which is painfull... and hopefully can be easely corrected/added to the SVN.

Thanks for the testing....

Abra

EDIT: Or maybe it needs to specify what to shuffle in this case "shuffle controller"

EDIT2 : To be more correct maybe the "workaround should be: auto=@movedto(this|myLibrary) from(myGraveyard):shuffle
We need your Help !!!

Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

to begin the line with "auto=..." would mean that this can only trigger when Dragon is on the Battlefield... . Correct?
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Ok,

I tested with the last built from wololo at the moment, and I don't have the issue, it goes correctly back to the library then shuffles...

Here is the deck I used for testing purpose

#NAME:auto graveyard
Alabaster Dragon *2
Lightning Bolt *7
Mountain *15
And here is the code I added to the mtg.txt

[card]
name=Alabaster Dragon
autograveyard=@movedTo(this|mygraveyard) from(myBattlefield):moveTo(ownerlibrary) && shuffle
text=Flying -- When Alabaster Dragon is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, shuffle Alabaster Dragon into its owner's library.
#mana={4}{W}{W}
mana={1}
type=Creature
subtype=Dragon
power=2
toughness=2
[/card]
I changed the pw/th and the manacost on purpose for testing zweck....

I played two different game with two different AI opponent and did not have any issue (except that I died :( )

Hope I'm not dreaming... and that you forgot something (hope really never die) :-D

Grüssi

Abra

EDIT: Also not related but some other cards that could be added is Raking Canopy (see: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1234&p=11244#p11244) and while I got the attention of our best card coder we also have some bug correction tbd e.g Halimar Excavation (see : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1226&p=11248#p11248) and manavault (see in bug report), not sure if this was adressed yet, and unfortunatly I cannot access the SVN currently.
We need your Help !!!