Wagic PSP release August 2019

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
Darth Agnon

Re: Wagic PSP release August 2019

Post by Darth Agnon »

Thank you, Vitty, for updating Wagic, and uploading all those files! I look forward to trying it out again sometime soon. Does anyone know if story mode is working in this release?
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66181
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Darth Agnon wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:15 pm Thank you, Vitty, for updating Wagic, and uploading all those files! I look forward to trying it out again sometime soon. Does anyone know if story mode is working in this release?
Hi,

Story mode works, but of course it's important to create new stories to play!

I tried the Urza's brother war and it worked fine, i included it in the full version of PSP/Android/PC inside the User/campaign folder.

See you soon.

P. S.
I noticed some mistakes in image file names and in both downloader programs on search algorithm (sometimes it could confuse similar names and download wrong image from Scryfall), so i just fixed and re-uploaded all my links again, check them out!
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

story mode always worked, it had a ugly memleak but I cant remember if I or wololo fixed it at some point.
the issue with the modes is that we added them and no one used them, I think if you do a search there was one user that made a couple puzzle type games in story mode, but aside from that it went mostly unused.

it is also possible to create game modes with custom rules, theres a folder that contains game mode named text, I cant quite remember the process but I explained it in detail at one point on the forum.

there is so many forgotten features in wagic, its a shame I kept most of my documentation in the google code commits, when we migrated to github at the closure of google code we lost all documentation....
it was honestly a noob mistake I made, I should have commented it directly in the code instead so I blame myself there.

there is still very well documented changes I commited to the github code, tho that too was a blunder cause its not exactly easy to do a search in the commit comments.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Zethfox wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:54 am story mode always worked, it had a ugly memleak but I cant remember if I or wololo fixed it at some point.
the issue with the modes is that we added them and no one used them, I think if you do a search there was one user that made a couple puzzle type games in story mode, but aside from that it went mostly unused.

it is also possible to create game modes with custom rules, theres a folder that contains game mode named text, I cant quite remember the process but I explained it in detail at one point on the forum.

there is so many forgotten features in wagic, its a shame I kept most of my documentation in the google code commits, when we migrated to github at the closure of google code we lost all documentation....
it was honestly a noob mistake I made, I should have commented it directly in the code instead so I blame myself there.

there is still very well documented changes I commited to the github code, tho that too was a blunder cause its not exactly easy to do a search in the commit comments.
Hi,

Everyone does mistakes sometimes, not your big fault in my opinion. Yes Wagic has a lot of hidden features, and from comments it's often possible to discover them and learn how to use or improve if needed.

Thanks for your big effort, i really respect it, see you soon!
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

All links in my previous post (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66595&start=20#p99279) have been updated for ELD set, in next time a new official version will be released on GitHub too.

See you soon ;)
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

I added a new setting in the misc option menu in order to enable/disable the card borders (so you can decide to show or not the extra border according to the images you have downloaded).

You can download the updated version from my previous post: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66595&p=99279#p99279

See you soon.
SquattyTheSlav

Post by SquattyTheSlav »

Seeing as the psp version is getting updates, I decided to get back my psp 2000 (slim). I downloaded the last patch you have made Vitty and it freezes for me during the "Loading Primitives" stage. I know it is an old device and probably is not strong enough in terms of ram, but I wish to play on it once again. If you have any potential fixes, please reply!
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

I guess these updates work fine just with PSVita using Adrenaline emu. You can try removing some primitives from mtg.txt, i guess 16700 cards are too much for PSP RAM.

See you.
SquattyTheSlav

Post by SquattyTheSlav »

Vitty85 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:11 pm Hi,

I guess these updates work fine just with PSVita using Adrenaline emu. You can try removing some primitives from mtg.txt, i guess 16700 cards are too much for PSP RAM.

See you.
Aha, hmm I'll give it a look and see if I can run it. I can already see myself sinking in this for 5 hours straight. Guess I'll buy a VITA :lol:. Saw a comment about not being able to load after primitives.A guy mentioned something with 64mb ram or something like that. Guess I will check it out
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Yes, Adrenaline has a setting to use 64Mb RAM and 333Mhz clock, they are required in order to play this last version without issues.

Hope you can solve it, see you.