Wagic PSP release August 2019

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
Vitty85

Re: Wagic PSP release August 2019

Post by Vitty85 »

Luruz wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:29 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your compliments, but i really hope the high resolution images are not the only useful achievement for the Wagic community (i guess in my post there are even other interesting improvements to consider).

Btw, to which set are you referring to? I added M20, MH1 and SS2 in last days and i almost programmed all the possible cards in those sets.

Let me know how can i help you, i will try to do something (if possible).

See you.
Hi.

Yes, high resolution images do not necessarily have to be the greatest achievement.

Since I don't have a PSP to install the game that you have adapted, I can't talk about what I don't know. And on my Android phone, I use it more for work than for entertainment, so I can't install it and tell you about the great contribution you have made. Therefore, I can only talk about what I can install on the PC, which in this case are the images.

I think that your support and contribution to the team is great because you have taken a long time to develop and adapt it. Of this I can offer you and I encourage you to continue like this, that, although I also do not respond continuously, I am attentive of your contribution. Congratulations.

As for the SETS of the game, I have focused more on old SETS, not so much the most recent. I left a Set of Anthologies of the year 1998 where it was pending to encode 4 letters, which in the same post I already corrected.

Recently I found mistakes in Rivals of Ixalan with a dinosaur and an enchantment that are a headache for me because nothing I have tried works.

Other sets that I see that are pending to be done and at some point I will upload them because they are not added, they would be:

In Expansions:
Throne of Eldraine

In Commander:
-Planechase Anthology
-Commander 2019

In SETS for newbies:
-Welcome Deck 2016
-Welcome Deck 2017

In the Duel Decks:
-Nissa vs Ob Nixilis
-New Phyrexia vs Mirrodin Pure

In the From the Vault:
-Lore

And I also plan on changing the entire system of names that are assigned to SETS because almost everything appears in the Achievement area in disorder.

Example:
-Tenth Edition
-Unlimited Edition
-Fourth Edition
-Fifth Dawn
-Fifth Edition

When should it said:
-Alpha edition
-Beta edition
-Unlimited Edition
-Revised edition
-Fourth edition
-Fifth Edition etc...

I've been thinking about changing the names from this:
LEB (Referring to Beta Edition) to this: COR-2LEB

1.- (Prefix with three letters)
COR- (For Core Sets) Example: COR-20M20 (for this new Core Set 2020)
EXP- (For Expantion Sets) Example: EXP-15USG (from Urza's Saga)
PRE- (For Premium Deck Series) Example: PRE-3pd3 (Premium Deck Series: Graveborn)
FRO- (For the From The Vault Decks) Example: FRO-11v17 (From the Vault: Transform)
DUE- (For Duel Decks) Example: DUE-22DDU (Elves vs. Inventors)
BEG- (For Beginners) Example: BEG-7w17 (Welcome Deck 2017)
REP- (Fro Reprint Sets) Example: REP-15mhi (Modern Horizons)
COM- (From Commanders) COM-21c19 (Commander 2019)

2.- (A number)
-If the game organizes by alphabetical order, the number resolves that problem. Because that number is the time where that set show up.

3.- (Original names)
Uses the abreviation that Wizards of the Coast assigned to that SET. Example: M20 for Core Set 2020.

Keep in touch. Thanks for your support.
Hi,

Don't worry, i'm ok ;)

Btw even if you don't have neither PSP or Android device, i also uploaded the recompiled PC Version too. Actually i recompiled on Linux too (both X11 and QT graphics) but i'm not sure anyone is interested on it, so i didn't upload binaries yet...

As i said you, i recently added Commander 2019 (245 cards now are playable on 302 totals), i'm not sure why you are planning to upload it again (could be great to have some feedback about even the other sets i added M20 and MH1 because i couldn't test all the primitives).

Actually i'm even not sure if the renaming of sets can have some impacts on game (or on downloader program as well), so, after you make some examples let me take a look too (if you wants).

See you soon.
Luruz

Post by Luruz »

Hi,

Don't worry, i'm ok ;)

Btw even if you don't have neither PSP or Android device, i also uploaded the recompiled PC Version too. Actually i recompiled on Linux too (both X11 and QT graphics) but i'm not sure anyone is interested on it, so i didn't upload binaries yet...

As i said you, i recently added Commander 2019 (245 cards now are playable on 302 totals), i'm not sure why you are planning to upload it again (could be great to have some feedback about even the other sets i added M20 and MH1 because i couldn't test all the primitives).

Actually i'm even not sure if the renaming of sets can have some impacts on game (or on downloader program as well), so, after you make some examples let me take a look too (if you wants).

See you soon.
In your post I can only see a PC section for pictures, not for the game compiled. :shock: Where is that especific link? Because all of them, looks like... (for what I can read) for PSP and Android :|

I didn't know that about the C19, I have to read again the original post. One set less to code, thanks bro!

I don't know if the game can support all the sets or can be compiled all of them, but I want to try and keep all that is possible.

Of course I'll put the sets on the forum for all of the team.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Luruz wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi,

Don't worry, i'm ok ;)

See you soon.
In your post I can only see a PC section for pictures, not for the game compiled. :shock: Where is that especific link? Because all of them, looks like... (for what I can read) for PSP and Android :|

I didn't know that about the C19, I have to read again the original post. One set less to code, thanks bro!

I don't know if the game can support all the sets or can be compiled all of them, but I want to try and keep all that is possible.

Hi,

The post is here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66595&start=20#p99279

Read it all (if you want), in any case the PC section is the number 3.

See you soon.
Luruz

Post by Luruz »

Vitty85 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi,

Don't worry, i'm ok ;)

See you soon.

Hi,

The post is here: //wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66595&start=20#p99279

See you soon.
Thanks for the answer. I've already got the PC version that you compile but...

A question...

Why almost of the .txt files look like this?

Code: Select all

#Primitives Pack for Wagic the Homebrew. #Please keep these card alphabetized, and try to have the "name=" line at the top of each card #I sorted this programatically so the other comments are removed except for AUTO_DEFINE - kevlahnota 03-16-2017 [card] name=Abandon 
 eason target=<upto:2>creature auto=1/0 ueot auto=first strike abilities=madness autoexile=restriction{discarded} pay({1}{r}) name(pay 1R to 
 ast) activate name(pay 1R to cast) castcard(normal)?name(put in graveyard) moveto(ownergraveyard) text=Up to two target creatures each get +1/+0 and gain first strike until end of turn. -- Madness {1}{R} (If you discard this card, discard it into exile. When you do, cast it for its adness cost or put it into your graveyard.) mana={2}{R} type=Instant [/card] [card] name=Abandoned Outpost auto=tap(noevent) auto= T}:Add{W} auto={T}{S}:Add{B} auto={T}{S}:Add{G} auto={T}{S}:Add{R} auto={T}{S}:Add{U} auto={T}{S}:Add{W} text=Abandoned Outpost enters the battlefield tapped. -- {T}: Add {W} to your mana pool. -- {T}, Sacrifice Abandoned Outpost: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
type=Land [/card] [card] name=Abattoir Ghoul abilities=first strike auto=@vampired(creature) from(this):all(trigger[to]) dynamicability<!mytgt toughnesslifegain srccontroller!> text=First strike -- Whenever a creature dealt damage by Abattoir Ghoul this turn dies, you gain life equal to that creature's toughness. mana={3}{B} type=Creature subtype=Zombie power=3 toughness=2 [/card] [card] name=Abbey Gargoyles abilities=Flying,protection from red text=Flying, protection from red mana={2}{W}{W}{W} type=Creature subtype=Gargoyle power=3 toughness=4
[/card] [card]name=Abbey Griffin abilities=flying,vigilance text=Flying, vigilance mana={3}{W} type=Creature subtype=Griffin power=2 toughness=2 [/card] [card] name=Abbey Matron auto={W}{T}:0/3 text={W}, {T}: Abbey Matron gets +0/+3 until end of turn. mana={2}{W} type=Creature subtype=Human Cleric power=1 toughness=3 [/card] [card] name=Abbot of Keral Keep auto=@movedTo(*[- reature]|mystack):1/1 ueot auto=moveto(exile) and!( transforms((,canplayfromexile)) ueot )! all(*[zpos=1]|mylibrary) text=Prowess (Whenever 
 ou cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.) -- When Abbot of Keral Keep enters the battlefield, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card. 
Its hard to check and work with this files like this. :shock:
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Luruz wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:16 pm
Vitty85 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi,

The post is here: //wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66595&start=20#p99279

See you soon.
Thanks for the answer. I've already got the PC version that you compile but...

A question...

Why almost of the .txt files look like this?

Code: Select all

#Primitives Pack for Wagic the Homebrew. #Please keep these card alphabetized, and try to have the "name=" line at the top of each card #I sorted this programatically so the other comments are removed except for AUTO_DEFINE - kevlahnota 03-16-2017 [card] name=Abandon 
 eason target=<upto:2>creature auto=1/0 ueot auto=first strike abilities=madness autoexile=restriction{discarded} pay({1}{r}) name(pay 1R to 
 ast) activate name(pay 1R to cast) castcard(normal)?name(put in graveyard) moveto(ownergraveyard) text=Up to two target creatures each get +1/+0 and gain first strike until end of turn. -- Madness {1}{R} (If you discard this card, discard it into exile. When you do, cast it for its adness cost or put it into your graveyard.) mana={2}{R} type=Instant [/card] [card] name=Abandoned Outpost auto=tap(noevent) auto= T}:Add{W} auto={T}{S}:Add{B} auto={T}{S}:Add{G} auto={T}{S}:Add{R} auto={T}{S}:Add{U} auto={T}{S}:Add{W} text=Abandoned Outpost enters the battlefield tapped. -- {T}: Add {W} to your mana pool. -- {T}, Sacrifice Abandoned Outpost: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
type=Land [/card] [card] name=Abattoir Ghoul abilities=first strike auto=@vampired(creature) from(this):all(trigger[to]) dynamicability<!mytgt toughnesslifegain srccontroller!> text=First strike -- Whenever a creature dealt damage by Abattoir Ghoul this turn dies, you gain life equal to that creature's toughness. mana={3}{B} type=Creature subtype=Zombie power=3 toughness=2 [/card] [card] name=Abbey Gargoyles abilities=Flying,protection from red text=Flying, protection from red mana={2}{W}{W}{W} type=Creature subtype=Gargoyle power=3 toughness=4
[/card] [card]name=Abbey Griffin abilities=flying,vigilance text=Flying, vigilance mana={3}{W} type=Creature subtype=Griffin power=2 toughness=2 [/card] [card] name=Abbey Matron auto={W}{T}:0/3 text={W}, {T}: Abbey Matron gets +0/+3 until end of turn. mana={2}{W} type=Creature subtype=Human Cleric power=1 toughness=3 [/card] [card] name=Abbot of Keral Keep auto=@movedTo(*[- reature]|mystack):1/1 ueot auto=moveto(exile) and!( transforms((,canplayfromexile)) ueot )! all(*[zpos=1]|mylibrary) text=Prowess (Whenever 
 ou cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.) -- When Abbot of Keral Keep enters the battlefield, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card. 
Its hard to check and work with this files like this. :shock:
Use Notepad++
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

New Official Wagic version 0.22.1 has been released.

I updated all the links in the previous post: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66595&start=20#p99279

Let me know it there is any problem with new release, see you soon ;)
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

Vitty85 it is great that you have been working on Wagic.

I haven't played it in ages so I thought I would check in. Imagine my surprise when I found it is being actively developed again.

I have downloaded the last 2 releases 0.21.1 and 0.22.1

I have tried them on a PSP(-3000 running 6.60 Pro-c2) and PS Vita(-1102) with adrenaline(6.61-6.9)

In both instances it crashes when loading the 5ED set at the start.

Not sure if i need to do something to enable 64Mb of memory in adrenaline?

Any tips to get it going would be appreciated

Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

As I wrote in another post, this game version needs 64Mb of RAM to work properly so you have to use Adrenaline with high memory profile enabled and CPU set to 333Mhz, you can see my PsVita setting here: https://mega.nz/#!Pa4iCapB!QrrWOtjyE4rl ... jyIK58ezRw

I hope it can helps.
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

Thanks so much.

I pressed SELECT
set CPU CLOCK GAME 333/166
and went into the recovery menu.
From there Advanced -> Advanced configuration -> Force high memory layout (currently: Enabled)
Exited out and we have Wagic again.

I went into the options menu (4th icon) and the 5th tab changed the Language to English.

Played a Random game with an infect deck. A lot of fun.
The cards are a bit hard to read but again. Thanks so much Vitty85 for working on Wagic.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

i-am-not-one wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:12 pm Thanks so much.

I pressed SELECT
set CPU CLOCK GAME 333/166
and went into the recovery menu.
From there Advanced -> Advanced configuration -> Force high memory layout (currently: Enabled)
Exited out and we have Wagic again.

I went into the options menu (4th icon) and the 5th tab changed the Language to English.

Played a Random game with an infect deck. A lot of fun.
The cards are a bit hard to read but again. Thanks so much Vitty85 for working on Wagic.
Hi,

I tried to upload better resolution for PSP but the graphic library has problem with it, so i had to set back to 244x340 and yes card font is a bit tricky to read. If you can find a better resolution format for PSP let me know i can try to re-scale images in that way.

I'm happy it worked also for you, i started Wagic because of my PSVITA ;)