Wagic 0.16 beta

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
lantern48

Re: Wagic 0.16 beta

Post by lantern48 »

wololo wrote:
lantern48 wrote: I created a profile with the name "maxglee". On the user tab, there is no option to turn a cheat on or off or even a cheat option at all.
The entire screen in the "user tab" looks exactly the same for any other profile and no new options opened up by creating the new profile with the name "maxglee".
I believe the cheat profile is Maxglee with an uppercase "M", but not entirely sure anymore. Give it a try, case matters. I also suggest you previously delete profiles/maxglee to avoid any confusion from the engine.
Edit: more info here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1330&hilit=maxglee
Putting the M in upper case worked.
Thanks.

Also, I haven't noticed anything funky with 16.0 as of yet - not saying it's perfect, just that I haven't encountered any bugs.
So everything's great so far!

Thank you to EVERYONE involved with bringing us this release. :)
OniYuki

Post by OniYuki »

I can't play the .16 beta version and also the one I compiled. Whenever I start a duel the tutorials pop up and I can usually play a land, but when I try to play a creature card the card disappears and usually after that the buttons stop working and I can't change the phases. I've used both the psp and windows version unzipped without adding anything like card images in and the same thing happens. Sometimes the buttons don't even respond during the beginning of a duel. I don't know if others are experiencing this, but these are the problems I'm having. I haven't had a chance to try this on another computer, but mine is a windows 7.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

OniYuki wrote:I can't play the .16 beta version and also the one I compiled. Whenever I start a duel the tutorials pop up and I can usually play a land, but when I try to play a creature card the card disappears and usually after that the buttons stop working and I can't change the phases. I've used both the psp and windows version unzipped without adding anything like card images in and the same thing happens. Sometimes the buttons don't even respond during the beginning of a duel. I don't know if others are experiencing this, but these are the problems I'm having. I haven't had a chance to try this on another computer, but mine is a windows 7.
Did you install in a "fresh" folder? Or did you overwrite a previous installation of the game?
Does your windows have something a bit particular? For example, is it a 64bits version?
OniYuki

Post by OniYuki »

wololo wrote:
OniYuki wrote:I can't play the .16 beta version and also the one I compiled. Whenever I start a duel the tutorials pop up and I can usually play a land, but when I try to play a creature card the card disappears and usually after that the buttons stop working and I can't change the phases. I've used both the psp and windows version unzipped without adding anything like card images in and the same thing happens. Sometimes the buttons don't even respond during the beginning of a duel. I don't know if others are experiencing this, but these are the problems I'm having. I haven't had a chance to try this on another computer, but mine is a windows 7.
Did you install in a "fresh" folder? Or did you overwrite a previous installation of the game?
Does your windows have something a bit particular? For example, is it a 64bits version?
I unzipped the files in a new folder. I didn't overwrite a previous installation. My computer is a 64 bits version. The last time I compiled the wagic source was about a month ago and it was working perfectly fine. When I compiled it this month a few days ago that was when things stopped working. I have Norton Antivirus installed and I recently installed the free to play until level 20 World of Warcraft game although the Wagic version I previously had still worked even with that installation.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks for the details. I'm thinking this could be a problem with 64bits platforms and SDL... I'll have a look
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

OniYuki wrote: I unzipped the files in a new folder. I didn't overwrite a previous installation. My computer is a 64 bits version. The last time I compiled the wagic source was about a month ago and it was working perfectly fine. When I compiled it this month a few days ago that was when things stopped working. I have Norton Antivirus installed and I recently installed the free to play until level 20 World of Warcraft game although the Wagic version I previously had still worked even with that installation.
Does it happen all the time, or only when you get a "tutorial" message on the screen ? What happens if you play a game (hit "escape" key and "back to main menu" if you get the problem), quit Wagic, restart wagic, and play another game? Does it solve the issue? (I'm trying to see if the error comes from the tutorial messages)
lantern48

Post by lantern48 »

Puresteel Paladin from New Phyrexia http://store02.prostores.com/donsmagica ... aladin.jpg is not working properly: No card is drawn nor is there an option to draw one when you put an equipment on the field under your control. His second ability (metalcraft), which makes all equipment costs 0 if you control 3 or more artifacts works fine, though.
OniYuki

Post by OniYuki »

wololo wrote:
OniYuki wrote: I unzipped the files in a new folder. I didn't overwrite a previous installation. My computer is a 64 bits version. The last time I compiled the wagic source was about a month ago and it was working perfectly fine. When I compiled it this month a few days ago that was when things stopped working. I have Norton Antivirus installed and I recently installed the free to play until level 20 World of Warcraft game although the Wagic version I previously had still worked even with that installation.
Does it happen all the time, or only when you get a "tutorial" message on the screen ? What happens if you play a game (hit "escape" key and "back to main menu" if you get the problem), quit Wagic, restart wagic, and play another game? Does it solve the issue? (I'm trying to see if the error comes from the tutorial messages)
The buttons don't seem to work right after the first couple of tutorials, usually the first ones that pop up or after I played a land or creature. The buttons didn't work, but I was still able to press the "enter" key or the "escape" key which still displayed the menu that allows me to mulligan or go back to the main menu. I was still able to mulligan even though the other buttons don't work and whenever I went back to the menu the other buttons started working again. I tried playing a game again without restarting Wagic and after the tutorials popped up again the same thing happens. I quite Wagic and restarted it and the same thing still happens. It might be the tutorials that are making the keys not work because the Wagic that I compiled before worked when there wasn't a tutorial.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks for the reply and apologies for so many questions, but just so you know, somebody else (Zethfox) reported the issue, and this is big enough that we can't do the release until this is fixed. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem, and Zethfox can't reproduce it anymore... so you're the only one who can help us with this release...
after the tutorials popped up again
Each tutorial message should show up only once. Do you get the same tutorials over and over again showing up on your screen every time you start a game?

Do you have special key bindings or are you using the default ones ?

Can you describe what you do when a tutorial message shows up? Do you click it fast before it shows up entirely, or do you read the message completely, then click on the button ? Do you use the mouse to close the message, or do you use your keyboard? What key do you use ?

If you can describe as precisely as possible (maybe a video?) maybe we can solve this issue together :)
OniYuki

Post by OniYuki »

These are the steps I went through:

1. Unzipped folder to desktop
2. Opened folder to Wagic.exe
3. Chose Language (English)
4. Play > 1 Player > Classic
5. Premade G/R (new) > Badlands (new)
6. Tutorial 1(Welcome to Wagic): screen 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5
7. Buttons stopped working.
Mulliganed.
Mousing over cards still makes them pop up.
Phase does not move with L trigger or right click
Clicking with mouse does nothing.
"Esc" and "Enter" key for menu pop up works.
Back to main menu
8. Step 4 and 5
9.Played a land (forest)
Next Phase buttons stopped working
Able to tap land for mana
Back to main menu
10.Step 4 and 5
11.Played Forest land
Cast Wall of Wood > creature does not appear on board, disappears
R trigger works, phase skip does not work (L trigger key and right click)
Back to main menu
Exit
12.Open Wagic.exe
13.Step 4 and 5
14.Mulliganed x2
Me: Cast Forest > Case Llanowar elf
Tutorial 2: screen 1, 2, 3,
Me: Next phase > attack phase >
tutorial 3 (attack): screen 1,
Me: End Turn
Opponent: cast Mountain
Opponent: End Turn
Me: Moved phase until Draw Phase
Tutorial 4 (Draw): screen 1
Me: Main Phase: Cast Forest (Tap for Mana) > Cast Wall of Wood
Me: Atack Phase: Llanowar attacks for 1 >
Tutorial 5 (Damage to opponent): screen 1
End Turn
Opponent: Cast Swamp > Taps Mountain and Swamp >
Tutorial 6 (Computer casts spell): screen 1
Opponent casts Drudge skeleton
Opponent: End turn
Me: Draw Wall of Wood > Cast Mountain > Cast Wall of Wood >
Opponent: Draws Cast Mountain > Taps all three lands > Casts Scathe Zombies
Opponent: Ends Turn
Me: Draw Lightning Elemental > Cast Forest > Cast Lightning Elemental
Me: Attack Phase: Attacked with Lightning Elemental, Opponent down to 15 Life
Opponent: Cast Mountain > Cast Drudge Skeleton > Cast Ankh of Mishra
Me: Draw Forest > Cast Forest
Tutorial 7 (I lost life): screen 1
Me: Attack Phase: Attacked with Lightning Elemental > Drudge blocks > Both creatures to Grave
Opponent: Cast Mountain > Cast Drudge Skeleton > Attack Phase: Scathe Zombie and Drudge > I block with both Wall of Wood
etc. A few turns later I win
15.Played a few more games > No more problems for the moment
I used the default profile with the default deck. No special key bindings.
Each time I played again the deck I used as well as the opponent's deck I chose still had the (new) word next to it.
I read each tutorial before moving on. I tried clicking with both the mouse and the "space" key. Both worked to close the screen.
When playing I used both the keys and mouse to click. After going through all the tutorials above the keys and mouse worked fine without problems.

I noticed that the folder I unzipped to the desktop worked better than the one I unzipped that was several folders deep. The desktop folder I used to write the steps above was able to go through a few tutorials before the keys locking up.

The folder that was unzipped within other folders had more problems. When playing the Wagic.exe in that folder I was only shown 1 screen from the first tutorial (welcome to wagic) before the game froze. I was still able to go back to the menu and when I restarted Wagic the next screen from the same tutorial will pop up and freeze again after that. If I did not restart Wagic and played a game right after exiting the first game the keys did not work nor did the next screen show up. After restarting the game several times to finish the first tutorial the keys did not work except for the "esc" and "enter" keys. After restarting Wagic I was able to play a land before the keys froze again after the tutorial on Lands. The next restart I was able to play a creature on the first turn after casting a land before the game froze after the creatures tutorial. After restarting again I was actually able to move the phases and through a couple tutorials (ex. the attack phase, opponent draw phase) before the keys froze again on my draw (tutorial). Restart: Froze when Opponent cast creature (Tutorial). After several restarts and going to through most of the tutorials I was able to play the game. It seems that finishing the tutorials allowed the game to run without any problems. I haven't tried playing with card pictures. Each tutorial showed up only once. Also, even though the keys for the buttons stopped working the "esc" and "enter" key still worked each time. I was able to go back to the main menu each time.

I tried the folders I unzipped on the desktop and the one several folders deep several times. Once I went through the tutorials and the game began working normally I deleted the folder and unzipped a new one. Also, whenever I tried to delete a folder after closing Wagic I get a message that says wagic is still opened. I had to start the task manager and close multiple (usually 2 or 3) Wagic.exe *32 before I was able to delete the folder. Each time I played through a new Wagic most of the same problems arise. Sometimes I was able to go through a tutorial that I wasn't able to go pass before, but sooner or later the keys stopped working.

Hopefully this helped a little. I would like to do a video, but I don't have the software to do so and I haven't done it before. I'll test out some more stuff and let you know if I come across anything else.