How to compile Wagic from the sources

Problems compiling the game? Ask Here
Psyringe

How to compile Wagic from the sources

Post by Psyringe »

Welcome to the "Compilation & Sources" forum. :)

The easiest way to compile Wagic from the sources is to follow this guide on the wiki.

If you run into problems, don't hesitate to ask for help, but please report your problem as exactly as possible. :)
doragasu

Re: How to compile Wagic from the sources

Post by doragasu »

I'd like to compile Wagic for Linux, but the link to the guide is dead :(
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

On Linux or Mac, the simplest is to install the Qt libs or directly the QtSDK, then to open wagic-qt.pro with QtCreator and compile it like that.
doragasu

Post by doragasu »

I want to try porting Wagic to the OpenPandora, so I wanted to compile it first in Linux and then try to cross compile it for the Pandora. I think OpenPandora doesn't like too much QT, so I'd like to compile the SDL version if possible. I have seen in this forum a thread about a user trying to port it to the Pandora, so I think I'll post there.

Thanks a lot for help.
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

The SDL version is used mainly on Windows (with VS project file) and Android (with Ant project file). I used a linux version for a while but as I'm developing with QtCreator, I created the makefile as a .pro. It's located at http://code.google.com/p/wagic/source/b ... ic-SDL.pro It's probably a bit deprecated, but it could be a starting point in your case.
The SDL used is the one part of the Wagic dependency tree, if you try to use another one part of the Pandora platform, you may get some issues ...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

doragasu wrote:I'd like to compile Wagic for Linux, but the link to the guide is dead :(
Apologies, maintaining the wiki was harder than expected because of spam bots, so I had to take it down due to legal reasons (some bots had started copy/pasting content from other websites, and we got a cease and desist for plagiarism from some random US sports guy I don't even know)

I moved the content here:
http://code.google.com/p/wagic/wiki/Compiling