Please help a non-programmer to build from SVN

Problems compiling the game? Ask Here
Psyringe

Re: Please help a non-programmer to build from SVN

Post by Psyringe »

bcdiscman wrote:what are the PC keys (A,E,Space bar, etc...) for playing wagic?? can they be customized?? sorry if this is already answered elsewhere (I could not find it).
You should have a readme.txt somewhere in your Wagic folder - either directly at the top (if you have the official download of the Windows version) or in a "doc" folder (if you downloaded the sources). This file lists the Windows keys:

Code: Select all

Key mapping on Windows:
-----------------------

PSP                     WINDOWS
==================      ==================
UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT      Z/S/Q/D and  UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT
TRIANGLE                I
SQUARE                  J
CIRCLE                  L/SPACE
CROSS                   K
SELECT                  CTRL
START                   ENTER/ESC
HOME                    F1
HOLD                    F2
NOTE                    F3
L                       A
R                       E
Currently, the only way to customize them is to change the assignment in winmain.cpp in the JGE source code, and then recompile the game. You can, however, use an external keyboard remapper like Autohotkey to achieve the same effect.
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

Thanks, I have a question though, Why is it that when I try to add my sets (off of my PSP) into the Res file (on the PC) the template.exe file crashes?? the sets work on my PSP and I didn't think there was supposed to be a difference between the PC and PSP versions (on content at least).
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

bcdiscman wrote:Why is it that when I try to add my sets (off of my PSP) into the Res file (on the PC) the template.exe file crashes?? the sets work on my PSP and I didn't think there was supposed to be a difference between the PC and PSP versions (on content at least).
The Windows version performs some additional checks on the card code. Until recently, one of these checks could crash the game if your sets had an ID conflict (two cards with the same ID). This shouldn't happen with the most recent SVN versions, but can happen with earlier ones. Try to find out whether a specific set is crashing the game.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

For keys customization. give a try to AutoHotKey:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=876&start=0&hilit=AHK

(look at Daddy32's answers)