Note on compiling for PSP from Windows

Problems compiling the game? Ask Here
cburke

Note on compiling for PSP from Windows

Post by cburke »

Just a brief note in case it helps others starting to work with the source. The current SVN trunk can be compiled for PSP in windows using the latest minimalist psp sdk (pspsdk-setup-0.9.5.exe) by making a slight change to the Makefile.

The updated compiler in the newer versions of the SDK have additional warnings, so to avoid an abort due to the -Werror flag, you can add -Wno-error=unused-variable and -Wno-error=parentheses to the CXXFLAGS line:

In the 747 release projects/mtg/Makefile:

Code: Select all

CXXFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -Werror -DDEVHOOK -DPSPFW3XX -fno-exceptions -Wno-error=unused-variable -Wno-error=parentheses
From there it's just make clean/make in the JGE directory and make clean/make in the project/mtg directory.

I'd also like to suggest this be considered as a possible update to the trunk going forward (or the removal of -Werror) as it brings the Makefile in line with more recent compiler versions.

-C
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Note on compiling for PSP from Windows

Post by wololo »

Thanks for the info.
One of the devs is a a bit **** on warnings, which is why we have the Werrors flag set. But I believe it's for the greater good.
I'll update the Minimalist PSP SDK on my machine and give it a try, to see if I can correct some of the warnings.

The SVN is currently very messy and unstable because of the huge changes that we made recently. Hopefully in a few days we'll have no warnings again in the source.
cburke

Post by cburke »

Sounds good.I don't necessarily think -Werror should be removed, just pointing it out as a possibility. I tend to use it myself on my own projects but I know in general it's use is somewhat of a religions debate :-)

-C
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

FYI, revision 790 compiles without any problem on my machine with MINPSPW 0.9.5 :)