Revision 129 broke Windows compilation

Problems compiling the game? Ask Here
Waldorf

Revision 129 broke Windows compilation

Post by Waldorf »

By breaking GameStaeMenu.h into a source and header file, the code won't compile anymore under Windows. No new SLN file was uploaded with the new source file in it. Windows users have to go and add GameStateMenu.cpp to their Source files for MTG. Otherwise, you get a linking error stating that it can't find GameStateMenu::GameStateMenu (class GameApp *).
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Revision 129 broke Windows compilation

Post by wololo »

I'm very sorry about that.
I'm on holiday and the guy currently working on the code doesn't have windows, so he cannot test his changes in visual C++.
This will be fixed in the weeks to come, sorry :oops:
Jean

Post by Jean »

Yeah I am sorry about breaking windows compilation.
For the time being, a lot of code changes have been going on on my side, and I cannot test on windows at all since I do not have it.
For now, I'm trying to put stable versions in the repository, but they are known to work on linux only, other versions have not been tested yet, as it's still work in progress.
When I'm satisfied with my work, I'll test compilation for PSP and fix whatever does not work - but I do not own a PSP, so we can expect the binary to maybe not work at the time either. Also, I'm using the traditional way of compiling for PSP : under linux, so compiling for PSP under windows may not work (I expect it not to, because windows critically lacks a number of useful facilities, and chances are the new build chain uses some that windows doesn't have).
Now, visual studio is unable to use normal makefiles and requires a special way of specifying files, and I do not have the means to test its strange and unstandard ways, so it will remain broken as long as wololo doesn't fix it.

Now obviously the goal is not to leave it broken ; the point is, it's just not practical to have it work on windows at the moment.

Now timeline-wise, what are we looking at ? Wololo is currently in holidays and I'm synchronizing with him by IM a lot. We intend to fix the thing as soon as he's back, on the 3rd of Jan. So, on the 4th, I'll look into it together with him. If everything goes well, you can expect windows compilation to be fixed on the 4th or 5th of jan.

PS : The GameStateMenu.cpp *has* been added to the SVN repository, at the very same time the code was removed from GameStateMenu.h. It's just that visual doesn't know it's there, because it's unable to read makefiles. You have to tell it to add the file to the project.
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

No worries. So far everything is working under Windows. I haven't done a lot of testing though. I managed to compile the code and play one game. I did notice that the compiler issues has a ton of warnings about converting int(s) to float(s), I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the changes you're making. I get something like 29 warnings compiling JGE, and another 369 for MTG.
Shishio

no rule to make target 3xx?

Post by Shishio »

I tried to compile Wagic this evening and now for some reason it's telling me "no rule to make target 3xx". Why? It worked fine until today...
wololo
Site Admin

Re: no rule to make target 3xx?

Post by wololo »

Shishio

Post by Shishio »

I tried both adding the file as Waldorf suggested with no success. I then downloaded the version Aco posted, also having no success. The error I'm getting is:
No rule to make target '3xx' , needed by 'all'. Stop.

I think it's something with my JGE because I get an error in it as well and it won't give the 300 file in lib/psp
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

No, I was just pointing you to a discussion related to this issue, not the solution to your problem. The reason is that some files have changed, a lot, and we have no guarantee that the game compiles correctly anymore. This will be solved in the weeks to come
Shishio

Post by Shishio »

Ah, that's cool then. Good lookin' out.
Aco

Post by Aco »

my version was only for visual c++ ive added the gameStateMenu.cpp in the sln project.