How to Compile a PSP Eboot ?

Problems compiling the game? Ask Here
bcdiscman

Re: compiling a Psp eboot

Post by bcdiscman »

abrasax wrote:Well, I was really thinking you "need" to do the make clean first. If I just enter make I always got the same error message
I agree that "make clean" may not always/or even usually be needed...but I thought this was an example of good compiling practice (better safe than sorry) & performing the make clean does not take all that long (I had a fresh Eboot after 2 minutes start-to-finish).
cd D:\WTH\JGE
make clean
make
cd D:\WTH\projects\mtg
make clean
make
pause
I know that the old basic (see above) would work, but I was thinking about those who do not know anything about using DOS, since everyone has their wagic files in a different location (mine is found at c:\users\bcdiscman\desktop\WagTheSource as an example while yours may be found in D:\WTH). I thought if there was a way to have a makePSPeboot.bat that could automatically perform the make clean & make commands in the JGE directory then move to the projects\mtg directory and again perform the make clean & clean commands that this would help Idiot proof the process so that anyone could create a new PSP Eboot file regardless of their computing knowledge. If it can't be done then IMHO the example Guide I made above (keeping the mk3xx.bat) is probably the best answer to help people of all knowledge skills complete this process. But of course, the decision is not mine but is up to the Dev's to decide. I just always try to look at things from the 'easiest to use' point of view.
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
garrei

Re: How to Compile a PSP Eboot ?

Post by garrei »

is compiling wagic the same process if you wanted to compile a pc game's source code... im starting to learn about all this dev stuff and i wanna try to port some games. any help would be greatly appreciated
wololo
Site Admin

Re: How to Compile a PSP Eboot ?

Post by wololo »

garrei wrote:is compiling wagic the same process if you wanted to compile a pc game's source code...
Yes. The only difference is that the compiler is psp-gcc instead of gcc for the PC.