Parser 0.8.X : What will NOT work

If you have a question about the git repository and the code, or if you have code to propose then please post in this forum.
Do not post request here.
wololo
Site Admin

Parser 0.8.X : What will NOT work

Post by wololo »

With the recent changes, it is more and more difficult to understand what works and what does not in the _cards.dat parser.
Remember that whenever you add a card to the SVN, you should make sure it works before submitting it. If it doesn't while you think it should, just let us know on the forum.
I will re-write the parser documentation very soon, but meanwhile here are a few examples of what will not work in the parser. These examples are taken from the SVN. Those are cards that need to be removed from _cards.dat, as they don't work.

Code: Select all

[card]
text=When Bogardan Firefiend is put into a graveyard from play, it deals 2 damage to target creature.
auto=@movedTo(this|graveyard):damage:2 target(creature)
id=130534
name=Bogardan Firefiend
rarity=C
color=Red
type=Creature
mana={2}{R}
power=2
subtype=Elemental Spirit
toughness=1
[/card]
Triggered Abilities using "@" can not choose a target, EXCEPT if it is a "may" ability.
The reason is that triggered abilities right now never give you the possibility to choose a target. However "may" abilities override this behavior.

[card]
id=111082
name=Viscid Lemures
mana={4}{B}
type=Creature
subtype=Spirit
power=4
toughness=3
text={0}: Viscid Lemures gets -1/-0 and gains swampwalk until end of turn.
auto={0}: -1/-0 && swampwalk
rarity=C
[/card]
Activated abilities with a {0} cost do not work

[card]
text=Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. You lose 2 life.
target=*|mylibrary
auto=moveTo(mylibrary)
auto=life:-2 controller
id=4215
name=Cruel Tutor
rarity=R
type=Sorcery
mana={2}{B}
[/card]
The card is moved, THEN the library is shuffled.

[card] 
text={3}, {T}: Tap target creature, then return Cyclopean Snare to its owner's hand. 
id=89035 
auto={3}{T}:tap target(creature) && moveto(ownerhand) 
name=Cyclopean Snare 
rarity=U 
type=Artifact 
mana={2} 
[/card] 
&& abilities share their targets. It means only one target can be defined for these abilities. In this example, the target creature will be tapped and returned to its owner hand, which is not the goal...
Dr.Solomat

Re: Parser 0.8.X : What will NOT work

Post by Dr.Solomat »

thx for the explanation! Time to erase!!! :twisted:
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Activated abilities with a {0} cost do not work

i beg to differ on this one....while trying to code cards i test using {0}: ALL THE TIME...cause it works and helps speed up the code writing while testing various different effects im trying for.
this one does work.

auto={0}: -1/-0 && swampwalk <---this wont work
but auto={0}: -1/-0 <---works
auto={0}: swampwalk<---this works

ill come up with a code that uses auto={0}:swampwalk and gives the creature -1/0 in a little bit so you can see...im currently working using *copy* on an equipment to make isocron scepter...im close it copys the spell but i need to figure out a way to activate the spell on damage
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

hum... you do realize you are answering to a message explaining what was not possible in wth 0.8.1 and that we are now in wth 0.11.1.... this is 1 year old... i should have move this one to the archive...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

abrasax wrote:hum... you do realize you are answering to a message explaining what was not possible in wth 0.8.1 and that we are now in wth 0.11.1.... this is 1 year old... i should have move this one to the archive...

Grü

Abra
WHOOOOPS lol i didnt even look at the date LOL!!!! *proceeds to shot self in head*