Non Latin-1 font support

If you have a question about the git repository and the code, or if you have code to propose then please post in this forum.
Do not post request here.
Zmiulan

Non Latin-1 font support

Post by Zmiulan »

Is there a way to make Wagic support full ASCII chart, for example Cyrillic and so on?

I was able to make it works with a little changes in code (using neofont, like in Japanese), but it works very buggy in some cases:
- Spaces between every letter. With some hacks it was fixed, but this is not right way)))
- Letters not displaying everywhere (for example some popup menu)
- Wagic crashes when go to next phase (so you can't play at all)
MootPoint

Re: Non Latin-1 font support

Post by MootPoint »

I haven't touched the font code much, but I imagine it would require a fair bit of work. Your best bet is to share a patch file of what you've modded so far so that other devs can try out your changes.
ittobaal

Post by ittobaal »

Zmiulan wrote:Is there a way to make Wagic support full ASCII chart, for example Cyrillic and so on?

I was able to make it works with a little changes in code (using neofont, like in Japanese), but it works very buggy in some cases:
- Spaces between every letter. With some hacks it was fixed, but this is not right way)))
- Letters not displaying everywhere (for example some popup menu)
- Wagic crashes when go to next phase (so you can't play at all)

Can you post the code u made? It is always good to share the info with code attach to it, someone might see something you missed.
Zmiulan

Post by Zmiulan »

Ok, I'll try to improve it a little, and post somewhere my changes ;)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

We added utf8 support in 0.14.1, any language should now work, in theory, as long as you provide the fonts...
Zmiulan

Post by Zmiulan »

wololo wrote:We added utf8 support in 0.14.1, any language should now work, in theory, as long as you provide the fonts...
So I dont need to use neofont anymore like in Japanese case, right? Just custom fonts?
I've tried custom fonts for some revision, but letters didn't appear. I'll try it again :)