[WIP] Real card shape

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
Basch

[WIP] Real card shape

Post by Basch »

Hello.
I'm actually working on a new impoved card displayer than original:
(actually i'm working with official magic template but it will be possible to change this to Wagic theme)

Features:

Magic like cards ( Auto Add PT Box for creatures )

Text resising for complex cards

Real multicolor cards (up to 2 colors)

Real hybrids cards (up to 2 colors)

ToDo:
Multicolor lands
Multicolors artifacts
Improve type displaying
Real Edition symbol
Card picture

maybe more ;)
abrasax

Re: [WIP] Real card shape

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

Nice idea but this will not be compatible with WTH. You need to create your template as the one design in the default folder. Some "MTG-alike" templates are already available here : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=430 (as far as I can see you are already using this theme, so just have a look in the customization folder to see all template) you are free to try to ameliorate them.

But the place of the text, manaicon, pw/th, etc... will not change and you cannot customize them. It is also not possible to "reduce" the font to make the text fit the template. And the template does not recognize double colors, only multicolored (gold frame).

It would be a suggestion for the future but is cleary not a priority for the dev team atm.

Thanks for sharing anyway, try to keep up the good work, we need more submission of user created content.

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
Saint

Re: [WIP] Real card shape

Post by Saint »

Just to add to abrasax post, if they start using trademarked stuff (the mana symbols) and start working towards "look-a-like" graphics from the original trademarked items (the color fading etc.) in there original releases Wizards of The Coast will be knockin on there door again (they have been btching about how it is thus far already but they don't have TO much to stand on) because they will violate copyright.

However if you as a user decide to add theme's, picture art etc. that is totally unrelated to the original release and purely fan made they are in no way responsible that is YOUR decision ;) but if you want to keep wagic up and running it just can't look like anything trademarked by wizards nor can anything modified that violates this trademark be uploaded on the forum (that's what mediafire and sorts are for :P).
Anyways hope that helped ^_^
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652