Best collection's of cards NEW.

Everything related to wagic does not fall in other forum. If you don't know where to post, post here. Your topic will be moved to the correct section.
JayzenFreeze

Best collection's of cards NEW.

Post by JayzenFreeze »

I have 4,291 cards so far with 99% of the pics and boy does it take up some space. I dont know what I am missing I have searched this collection and still see no where near what yoda01 says has. I did not and probably wont use the Naruto star wars etc fancy but not classic

I want everyone to be able to get the most out of what I believe to be the best and most creative brew ever made.
I would cry if Willow was more into pokemon card game and made that instead.

( oh well :mrgreen:
Last edited by JayzenFreeze on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:44 am, edited 10 times in total.
k1m0

Re: Best collection's of cards.

Post by k1m0 »

3801 most of them with graphic sets... And btw i downloaded the game yesterday xD
Sebalos

Post by Sebalos »

4054 all gathered from this forum with all pictures.
Last edited by Sebalos on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Paketexx

Post by Paketexx »

4015, with all the possible images.
JayzenFreeze

Re: Best collection's of cards NEW.

Post by JayzenFreeze »

Post links
p_figueroa

Post by p_figueroa »

4,726 cards and counting. I didn't include the images though. They take up way too much space. :mrgreen:
yoda01

Post by yoda01 »

I have 9327 cards in my collection (I buy multiple copies and playing since 0.6.1). 5284 cards in total with all of the pics. I did not add the special sets (ie Naruto, Star Wars, etc) I like to be as vanilla as possible.
(And that is after rebuilding my WTH from an old backup copy and Raziel017's help after my MS disaster :D )
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

JayzenFreeze wrote: 381 mb but it is 819 on disk. can that be fixed? [/size]
yes. Use zip files instead of regular jpeg files. Nyghtcrawler's pack has all the cards in zip, you don't need to unzip them.

for example, in Res/sets/10E, you should have the following files:
_cards.dat
10E.zip

and that's it.

This will still take hundreds of MB, but at least "size on disk" will be much closer to the real thing
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

JayzenFreeze wrote:AND WHY DO THE PICS TAKE UP SO MUCH SIZE ON THE DISK? 381 mb but it is 819 on disk. can that be fixed?
I can't add anything to wololo's advice, but in case you're interested in the background, here's some technical info - feel free to ignore it. :)

In each file system, there is a minimal size that each file takes up. If your file system has a minimal file size of 16K, then each file will take up at least 16K of disk space, even if the file itself is just 2K long (or even smaller). The file system would assign 16K of disk space to this file - 2K for the data of the file, and the remaining 14K would simply be wasted. Likewise, if you have a file with 17K of data, then the file system would assign 32K of space for it - basically, the file system assigns space in "blocks" 16K. This is a hypothetical number, the number in your actual file system might be different.

Now if you have thousands of very small files, whole megabytes can be wasted in total. In case of Wagic, if you use pictures, it's probably the thumbnails that waste the most space (and the other pics as well, depending on your file system), so it's best to follow wololo's advice and zip the images. Use zero compression ("Store") if you do so to prevent slower performance on the PSP.
JayzenFreeze wrote:P.S. it is taking way to long to unlock the other card packs to buy in the buy mode :( oh well :mrgreen:
Even in 0.9.1? I now get a new set unlocked with nearly every single victory, actually for me it's way too quick now, it doesn't feel much like a reward if one doesn't have to work for it. May be just me though. ;)
gothx

Post by gothx »

yoda01..would you be able to post a link and or upload all the cards you have? It would make it easier than doing all the searching, that would be very nice.
thank you in advance:):)