a possible way to fix wagic

Everything related to wagic does not fall in other forum. If you don't know where to post, post here. Your topic will be moved to the correct section.
tripleBdanmaster

a possible way to fix wagic

Post by tripleBdanmaster »

I'm not going to post links or suggest people try anything....but i have a way someone might be able to fix/save wagic. There is a magic program called cockatrice. Its pretty open faced and allows the player to make the choices. Therefore you can play any card, and not be burdened by coding. I was thinking that maybe there might be a way to use that technology here, or this there, somehow combining them making a much better program. just an idea.
Zethfox

Re: a possible way to fix wagic

Post by Zethfox »

fix/save wagic?

wagic as far as i know (being the main ability support/card support/ai coder) is not broken, dead or abandon.
:) I added over 10,000 cards worth of abilities, rewrote countless systems, added 3 new game modes, added support for 3 extremely powerful ai deck building tools(which no one is using sadly :( :( :( ),and fixed well over 100 bugs in the abilities system,

I'm just on a break which i think I earned :P :mrgreen:

also about cockatrice and mixing the 2 programs, thats just not even possible, the 2 games are set up and coded completely different. the closest inspiration for coding problems I've run into is "Forge", tho coded in java, they recently adopted a more modular approach to card support which greatly resembles wagics core abilities systems.
i-am-not-one

Re: a possible way to fix wagic

Post by i-am-not-one »

I originally downloaded Wagic way back when it had stick figures and didn't use it much.

Got it again recently to show a couple of guys at work who are uber into Magic the gathering.
Thought I had better figure out how to use it to show them.

Since February I keep coming back to play it every couple of months.

Accidently unlock a mode (this time I am here to check out stone hewer basic), unlock a few card sets.

Currently I am at 29%

I keep making new decks and testing them out, downloaded some magic cards to put in the game, modified a couple of cards (mostly lands from 4th edition)

Change the themes around. There just seems like so much you can do.

I got a couple of stories (The temple and brothers - haven't figured that one out yet but I will get around to it ;) )

I am a big chess fan and this too me is on that level but different.

Anyway just felt I had to write and say how much I love Wagic and look forward to anything in the future.
Just couldn't understand the "fix wagic" meaning.

It is hard to believe Wagic is homebrew, it is just that good.