Updating Wagic to latest full and working version

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
MgnusD

Updating Wagic to latest full and working version

Post by MgnusD »

:mrgreen: TLDR:

Please tell me EXACTLY what to do to:
1) Get the latest version of Wagic for PC that works correctly installed on my computer. I already have a years old version, I'd like to upgrade, if possible.

2) Get the card data for all released sets up to this day and install them so that my version of Wagic has as many cards as have ever worked in this game.

3) Not lose any already-earned-cards, already-unlocked-expansions, already-created-decks, earned-money-so-far, etc
OR Give me the master password/name so I can just have everything unlocked with 4 of each card so I don't need the money.

4) NOT download the images simultaneously with the rest (if possible), don't really have space for it on my old PC.

5) not download any custom content like AI decks, story mode scenarios, music, custom cards or gameplay versions, etc.

Thanks.

I use wagic only to brew and test out decks against AI before using them against people. I also use it to still play cards when my internet is down. The program I use to play against others and gives you access to any cards right away (which is what i need, tho i don't mind earning new expansion unlocks and then buying everything as my decks beat AI opponents in a few turns easily and i'm sitting on a huge amount of money) doesn't have an offline vs AI mode so that's why I'm turning to this Wagic community.

I tried finding this stuff on my own, but I just get weird random pages with a bunch of downloadable files but zero clarity as to what any of them are, or pages with just a few sets here and there and no info how to install, or tons of stuff about images but nothing about the sets (programmed card data?) themselves, or tips on how to make the stuff myself, etc. I'm at a loss at how hard it is to actually find any of this stuff I'm asking about so I figured it'd be best to just directly ask the people who know this stuff in the forum here.

Please help me out, maybe i'm just computer-handicapped but i can't seem to understand why this forum doesn't have exactly these things I'm asking for as the very first sticky on the very first part of the forum homepage. surely people ask about this stuff all the time, yet there is no clear process defined anywhere that's easy to find. If the questions are answered properly here surely you'll be able to turn this thread into the most useful sticky this forum has ever seen easily. Thanks.
Bas

Re: Updating Wagic to latest full and working version

Post by Bas »

Got a smartphone? If so, I suggest to try out WTH on it.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
MgnusD

Post by MgnusD »

no, i'm using it on the PC. So do you know where I can find a solid walkthrough on how to get everything updated and installed?
GPBurdell

Post by GPBurdell »

I second this post. I'm using a version from 2013. At Git Hub, I see that there are releases. When I download the Windows zip, that contains the core zip file, which contains new sets and all that. But this does not contain a new .exe to launch, within which I presume would be all the new abilities that have been added since 2013. So how do I get the new .exe and all the support files?
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

GPBurdell wrote:I second this post. I'm using a version from 2013. At Git Hub, I see that there are releases. When I download the Windows zip, that contains the core zip file, which contains new sets and all that. But this does not contain a new .exe to launch, within which I presume would be all the new abilities that have been added since 2013. So how do I get the new .exe and all the support files?
try here:
https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/r ... est-master

if there is no new exe, here's my local built exe:
https://mega.nz/#!pwYGxRza!5eIrN-fOBSvV ... C8zRuLveYE
GPBurdell

Post by GPBurdell »

I just wanted to say thank you! This worked. And thanks to the team for all their work putting together this great product.
maddog

Post by maddog »

about the image that available on forum
I see some comment that mention about a lot of change on card.dat file in new version
look at the last edit time it quite a long ago are those image still work fine
if it work which topic I should download.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

maddog wrote:about the image that available on forum
I see some comment that mention about a lot of change on card.dat file in new version
look at the last edit time it quite a long ago are those image still work fine
if it work which topic I should download.
You can try my Android Images for windows (about 2gb in size)

they're up to SOI:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66190
maddog

Post by maddog »

thank you.