Latest Wagic on Linux problems

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
ashak

Latest Wagic on Linux problems

Post by ashak »

So...

I spent a couple of days trying to build the latest Wagic from github into some Debian packages for Debian Jessie and Stretch and have been reasonably successful.

However (after working out the various buttons!) then trying to play a quick game there are some serious problems.

In my first classic game against a random opponent using (I think) the red/green deck that you can select... I played a forest, that was laid correctly. I then tapped it to give me one green Mana, that was ok, I then played the wall of wood, requiring 1 green mana, it seemed happy with that as the moving green mana symbol disappeared, but then so did the wall of wood card?! It wasn't laid on the table like the forest.

I try again, same setup, I lay a forest, tap it, I play llanowar elves, it gets laid on the table... great... but then I can't do anything else, I want to advance the turn onto the next phase, but I can't. No matter what buttons I press (i've pressed every key on the keyboard in various different states (hand open, hand closed, the phase thing on the left highlight), i've tried clicking things, right clicking things, nothing seems to work.

I try again, same setup. Before I do anything, I press Q... is advances me to the next phase, I press it again, it does the same thing... wtf didn't it do that earlier? I skip through to main phase 2 without any problem. I play a mountain, I tap it, I play shock against the opponent, he receives 2 damage.... but then i'm stuck again, I can't advance the phase anymore. Again no matter what I try to do it doesn't work.

Am I doing something really stupid? :)

Thanks
Djardin

Re: Latest Wagic on Linux problems

Post by Djardin »

Can you clarify how you build Wagic ? Looks like you used the Unix Makefile based on the X backend without mouse support, right ?
ashak

Re: Latest Wagic on Linux problems

Post by ashak »

Sorry for the slow reply, I thought i'd ticked the box to get notifcations, but obviously not.

I built it similarly to how the debian/rules file does.

Yuo need a wagic.pro for that, so I symlinked wagic-qt.pro to wagic.pro, then ran:

qmake PREFIX=/usr ../wagic.pro CONFIG+=graphics

I had to add the CONFIG+=graphics otherwise qmake failed to put all of the required includes into the Makefile that it created and compiling would fail because it wanted to build various things requiring qt things that it knew nothing about.

I'ev always had mouse support and it does seem to work. I just tried a game out using just the mouse (and the A key to access my hand) and managed to play an entire game ok. I tried a second game and managed to get stuck quite quickly. I think a number of the times i've managed to get stuck is shortly after seeing the interrupt pop-up. Since using just the mouse I have left clicked anywhere (except for near or on the actual pop-up) and skipped just that one interrupt each time without problems. However I think if I try to press keys to cause specific interrupt skipping to happen or if I move the mouse over the pop-up (which seems to make it disappear) this is what begins to cause problems. Annoyingly it's not often not immediately after doing either of those, it's often shortly after. I can't find a specific way to reproduce it yet, I will keep trying though.