Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) is a homebrew software which is designed to setup your PlayStation 2 console and provide you with a means of launching homebrew software, without the need for any extra hardware, modifications to your console or dangerous tricks like the legendary swap trick.
FMCB was originally developed by Neme and Jimmikaelkael, but they have been kind enough to provide me with access to its source code, for me to make some improvements to it.
What is FHDB?
Free Harddisk Drive Boot (FHDB) is basically FMCB that gets installed onto the PlayStation 2 console's HDD unit. It does everything like FMCB does, but is meant to be used with the Sony HDDOSD (Browser update v2.00).
Patched/modified copies of the HDDOSD may not work, although non-Sony disks are supported by FHDB itself.
***Whether the hacked HDD OSD supports non-Sony disks or not depends on whether it was modified to support non-Sony disks.***
Modifying or getting a pre-modified copy of the HDDOSD is not under this project, which is why that topic will not be discussed here.
Please read the included README file for information regarding limitations/known issues and other important notes!
Latest Version : 1.93Release Date: 2013/10/14
Notes for this version: Changelog:
- Fixed support for the PSX (DVR unit). It will now boot properly, and sets the EE and CD/DVD drive into "PS2 mode".
- Changed the way arguments are passed to the OSD program. FMCB will no longer parse and repeat the arguments, but passes the arguments directly to the OSD program "as-is".
- Recompiled the FMCB configurator to have the updated FMCB release version number. Also, with this recompilation, the Protokernel patch within it has been updated (Note: This doesn't really matter because the patch from the FMCB binary would have already been applied).
- The MBR program's EELOAD module had it's argument storage widened, so that it can take in 16 user arguments (To avoid buffer overflows, since the code within it was always limiting the number of accepted arguments to 16).
- Added a clone of the kernel update for the SCPH-10000 (v1.01) and SCPH-15000.
- Fixed OSD configuration setup for the SCPH-50009. Its OSD sets its "region" field to 2 instead of 1, despite this console being in the NTSC region.
- Modified the "inner browser" setting to allow the user to specify how FMCB/FHDB will handle booting into the OSD (Either always boot into the browser or not, or just let the browser have its default behaviour).
- For those who wish to edit this setting by hand, the valid values are as follows: 0 = AUTO, 1 = force ON (always boot into the browser), 2 = force OFF (always stay out of the browser). It was made this way for backward compatibility.
- Removed the "return to loader" option, since I had no intent on maintaining it. The user can put uLaunchELF basically anywhere, and uLaunchELF isn't part of FMCB anyway.
- FMCB will now no longer display the FMCB logo when software like the DVD player quits, to match the behaviour of the OSD program.
|FMCB 1.93||Download from mediafire.com (indirect link)|
|FMCB 1.93||Download from wololo.net (direct link)|
In this section you will find additional links related to this application
- We didn't reference any discussion on our forums about this homebrew yet, but you can create one!