PSP Custom Firmware for dummies

You got a new PSP, you want to run homebrews and backups, but you’re lost with all the terms CFW, HEN, M33, Pro CFW… or you’re simply looking for a quick and easy guide to get the best solution for your PSP? Well, you’ve come to the right place. This guide is an all-in-one guide to installing the appropriate Custom Firmware on your console, just follow my lead.

Let’s start with the basics, What’s your PSP model?

1. I have a PSP 1000 (Phat)
  2. I have a PSP 2000 (Slim)
  3. I have a PSP 3000 (Brite)
  4. I have a PSP Go
  5. I have a PSP E1000 (PSP Street, Europe only)
  1. ezio auditory da firenzy’s avatar

hey wololo my psp 2000 is called slim and lite too its written on the box its a ta088v3 so you should edit that what you written wrong

2. agatio123’s avatar

psp 3000 is brite no slim and lite

1. wololo’s avatar

Thanks, fixed

1. Strider Hien’s avatar

actually on my package with the psp 3000 is clearely written slim and lite…
        maybe “brite” is a way to call it for expert ppl…

1. bruteforced101’s avatar

Brite is just a name made by underground pspdevs.

3. yellow’s avatar

psp cfw for dummies :lol: good work wololo hopefully no mre stupid questions from noobs,

1. clockdryve’s avatar

I’m sure that if it’s coming from a “noob”…then it’s NOT a stupid question for him because he doesn’t know any better YET. He’s not LUCKY enough Mr. “Big Shot”…to be all the He-man that is you “yella”

4. luccAS’s avatar

is it run all isos?

1. toBsucht’s avatar

luccAS it the cfw (hen) run close to all isos and cso! It if it is to difficult for you to make one game working with it you can use the umd or whatever.

:P I miss the button/trigger Click here to download so guy/gurls click Wololos blue tagged word :o

5. Dex’s avatar

What are the risks when using HEN? I’d like to know before i try it.

PSP 3002, OFW 6.20

6. Spork’s avatar

i posted this guide hope you don’t mind

7. MediaEngine_PRX’s avatar

None. It resides in RAM, which clears if you completely shut off your PSP.

8. yousuf’s avatar

its new hack for psp 6.37?

9. mister munch’s avatar

hey, i have a psp go with TN-d HEN 6.20 and i cant get plugins to work
    (i wanted the game categories v12 plugin)

please help!

10. mister munch’s avatar

srry i didnt realize that there was a light version =)

11. Radz16’s avatar

Hello wololo :)

I’m new to PSP so I have to read many tutorials and so far your website is the best. But Im confused if ” ‘CFW’ Pro B4 for Firmware 6.35″ is a pure CFW or a combination of Hen+LCFW? Please enlighten me to avoid myself from bricking my PSP, this is my first one…

P.S. My PSP is PSP 3004 slim and lite.

1. Radz16’s avatar

I forgot to post that my firmware is 6.30. Thanks… :)

2. imafuckinnoob’s avatar

what do u mean ur psp is 3004 theres no such this as psp 3004 only 1000 2000 3000 go ngp.

1. KirA’s avatar

DuH……..There’s a PSP 3004 dude….Mine’s a PSP Slim 2001…..

12. imatotalnoob’s avatar

can someone tell me where to put the fast recovery once i download it from this website btw my firmware is 6.35 pro cfw plz plz tell me where to put the fast recovery psp 3000 where do i put it iso files or just in my memory stick

best regards imatotalnoob

13. Sudhir’s avatar

i dont know my psp model can you help me finding it

1. imanoob’s avatar

just look at yout ta motherboard the bottom of your psp i think.asi is 3004 france is 3001 and eurasia is 3000 japan 3002 idk if im right or not just check ok:)

1. sweirdo’s avatar

3000 – Japan (cause PSP is product of Japan. .)
        3001 – USA
        3002 – New Zealand
        3003 – UK
        3004 – Europe
        so on. .

14. Psp Dummy’s avatar

These are awesome tutorials! Thanks!

15. whydidiupdate’s avatar

hello can someone help me i update to 6.38 and i download the ofw 6.35 when i want to isntall it it says no need to install system is up to date can soemone tell me how to downgrade 6.38 to 6.35

16. makecfwfor6.38’s avatar

do any you guys think virtuos flame or aka coldbird gonna make 6.38 pro is it possibleand what not do u think it is?? if yes thumbs up…………. if no then shut up……….

17. Dark-Alex’s avatar

wololo i have psp 3004 (4g) model with motherboard TA-093. I m on 6.20 pro-b5. Should i stay on this or upgrade to 6.37 cfw? by the way plz tell me that is my psp downgradable? thanks

1. KirA’s avatar

Don’t update…Stay on 6.20…..

18. vjkjh’s avatar

its been a long time since the ofw 6.37 was released or atleast it feels that way and i was wondering why isnt hen out already

could you guys atleast give us a release date?

19. total_noob’s avatar

hello guys i will realease tn-a for 6.38 as soon as possible im working on it plz be patient and no iso loader

20. Anon19861's’s avatar

We are Anonymous.
    We do not forgive.
    We do not forget.
    Expect us.

21. Anon19861's’s avatar

We are anonymous
    We do not forgive
    We do not forget
    Expect us

22. total_fail’s avatar

im working on 6l.38 hen i will release it soon HA WHAT A JOKE!

23. Koalix’s avatar

2 things to ask:

1 – The best version to keep a 2000 fully hackable is on 5.50 with TN_Hen? Doesn’t have any benefit to upgrade to last CFWs?

2 – There is any way to connect to PSN with 5.50?

24. spiro’s avatar

Thanks for this…
    man i used to know how to do it back when it was a savegame exploit on PSP-1000

now theres like a thousand workarounds over the 4 platforms

now that i’ve moved from the 1000->3000 this really is a Huge help
    thx

25. mister munch’s avatar

I NEED SERIOUS HELP

i tried IvEr PSP V5.00 English version on my psp go version 6.20 PRO B6 or 7
    permanent patch
    i turned it on and it looks like an ipod touch lock screen (its on its side and has that “slide to unlock thing) so turn the psp go around and hold the down arrow (now the right) and the thingy slides BUT THEN it tells me that there is an error and i should press start to reboot it, i reboot it AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS, i cant access usb mode to delete the files either!

PLEASE HELP WOLOLO

here’s my email address : Jacob.Origami@gmail.com

1. toBsucht’s avatar

may have a look here http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4624&start=0

run it only from PSP/GAME copie the prx/plugins to plugin-floder

26. d’s avatar

pspgrader makes it easy to create a magic memory stick

27. ahmed’s avatar

my psp version is 5.55 i cant update , how to update this version ? plz help me

28. andfreak’s avatar

dear mister munch, if you cant access usb mode, try using a memory card reader.

29. iSWORD’s avatar

Helolo Wololo! When will you add the PSP E1000 (PSP Street) to this list?! And when will you add 6.60 to the list of versions in /wagic/hen/ ?

1. wololo’s avatar

I’ll try to update this guide sometimes this week

1. James’s avatar

First i think that Wagic is great (tried only the windows version)- keep the good work !!!

I think of buying a new PSP E1004 – several questions
        1. is it like the E1000?
        2. does the hack in this guide (the E1000 section) will work?
        3. Will l be able to play all available iso/cso with this hacks, or some games dont work.
        4. Is there any difrrence in the hack from the 3000 version?

P.S
        Is there a plan to make a version pf Wagic to Android?

Thanks
        James.

1. wololo’s avatar

Hi James. Please note that I have little information about the PSP Street (E1000), but from my understanding it is hackable exactly like the PSP 3000
          1) E1004 is the same as E1000, yes. The last number in the PSP number only represents the region where it was bought.
          2) yes, the hack will work
          3) As far as I know, most isos work on the PRO Custom firmware. Note however that since this PSP doesn’t have a UMD drive, you don’t really need isos (which are useful mainly if you don’t want to carry the UMD), as you will be able to directly play games bought from the PSN.
          4) From the user point of view, there is no difference between the hack on the 3000 and the hack on the PSP street

Wagic on android: yes, you can help with the beta test here: http://www.wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3208

30. DaAnimeOtaku’s avatar

lol. the guides are like all the same.
    except for maybe the introductory paragraphs. XD

1. wololo’s avatar

The “Power users” section is different for each console too. But basically, yes. I’ve seen that people prefer to have a page dedicated to their own console rather than a generic guide which would become confusing with time.

31. Sean G.’s avatar

Good job guys. I have PSP Slim 3001 (Model 9g) with 6.39 OFW but I am thinking of upgrading to 6.60 OFW before installing 6.60PRO-B10 CFW. Is it advisable for me to update to 6.60 OFW and how do I detect which board it has, so I can decide if I can install CIPL flasher. Or should I just stay with Fast recovery?
    WHich CFW is the best and why?

32. Sean G.’s avatar

I found out that there is a 6.60PRO-B10 CFW and also 6.60PRO-B10 fix1,. Should I install the 6.60PRO-B10 before running the 6.60PRO-B10 Fix1 or can I just run the 6.60PR-B10 Fix without the first one?

1. wololo’s avatar

Simply use B10 Fix1

33. Sean G.’s avatar

Please, which is the best Custom firmware that i can install on a PSP Slim 3001 (Model 9g)? What is the difference between the HEN and ProCFW and which one is better?

1. PSPcfwDUDE’s avatar

well….first of all let me tell you the difference.

HEN = It is a homebrew enabler that enables you to play tons of homebrews,emulators,apps.

ProCFW = It enables you to play homebrews,emulators,apps,
      PSP Backups,plugins.

Now the best thing to use is ProCFW(my choice).It totally enables psp’s full potential.trust me,you’ll love it!!

1. toBsucht’s avatar

Sean G. your psp is most likely a brite not a slim.

procfw is a hen with a lot of build in plugins like isoloader etc. (pro most likey the best for backups)

tn-hen is a hen without permanent patch or isoloader.
        you can run “all” the stuff that working with procfw,
        plugins for example to load isos, run apps emulators hbs etc..

note that thier are some problems after downgrade a g9 psp.

with “all” 6.xx psp you have a choise between two or more hen. Switching is no problem (to run some stuff which may does not work with one of them)

34. Raldo’s avatar

i Have a psp go how to hack it

1. wololo’s avatar

Follow the link that says “I have a PSP Go” in the article. http://wololo.net/wagic/installing-pro-cfw-on-a-psp-go/

35. Raldo’s avatar

Thanks a lot dog the pro cfw works on my psp go, i have a lot of games now

36. moolash’s avatar

I have an E1004 (Hungary) with 6.50 OFW.
    I understand, I just update to 6.60 and than flash the CFW?
    Is this method up to now the only way? (running recovery everytime I reboot the PSP doesn’t seem to be a big thing)
    Last Q: if I just want to revert, I just install the 6.60 OFW and I am back to “bring back for warranty” state?

(I know how to flash phones, I just had these noobis questions, sorry)

1. PSPcfwDUDE’s avatar

you update to 6.60 then you flash the CFW
      and if you want to go to the ‘bring back for warranty’ state you just launch the PROUPDATE program and you press Δ to unistall the CFW and your ‘official’.

37. Albinoslug’s avatar

Hey Wololo i have a PSP 3001 with OFW 6.20, updating to 6.60 and installing the Pro CFW 6.60 is safe? , have any probability to “brick”? thanks

1. toBsucht’s avatar

Albinoslug no need to update. Updates cann´t brick your system.
      Things you should know:
      1. Plugins (prx) can brick a system if you use them wrong >
      2. Flash is memory in each psp with nessary operating system files (prx, font etc.). If you mess with the flash you have a high chance to get a full brick. (full-hackabel maybe only semibrick)
      so try to dump / backup your flash.
      3. You can use a faked 6.60 version.txt to play your orginal psp game with 6.20 Firmware or to use psn.
      4. downgrade is much more risky then update.

38. Walter’s avatar

Hello i have a PSP-E1004 Version 6.50 How can i flach it?

39. yash’s avatar

i have a psp 3001 does these method will work on it or not?

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes. PSP 3001 is a PSP 3000.

40. Alex’s avatar

Hey, nice tutorial, but I have one problem. My select button is stuck, so I can’t access the recovery menu to run a remap or a macro plugin. Is there any way around this?

1. wololo’s avatar

Edit your plugin files manually. They are in ms0:/seplugins/*.txt

41. vinz’s avatar

hey dude i have a psp e1004 street
    can ya help me

1. wololo’s avatar

it’s the same as the E1000, just go to the guide for the E1000

42. Sam’s avatar

what do i do if i have 2 memory sticks? do i need to put any of these files on the second one? is Pro B10 uninstallanle if i have problems? thanks

43. Sam’s avatar

sorry, i misspelled uninstallable

44. Sam’s avatar

I want to install Pro B10 6.60 on my PSP Go. do i have to install it on a memory stick or can it be installed in the system storage?

1. toBsucht’s avatar

you don´t need to copy all files from stick to stick
      (except plugins and other custom stuff which is in use)
      6.60 is a non permant fw (pspgo isn´t full hacked^^).
      No files in flash if you reboot!

45. venkat’s avatar

Plzz Help to download games for my PSP 3004 version.6.60.! i have downloaded many games and applications..they are not working.! i donno how to install them into my PSP.. thank you.! waiting for the reply:)

1. wololo’s avatar

Homebrews go in the PSP/GAME folder

1 · 2 · 3 ·