PlayStation 4 Release: Noob404’s 1Click PS4 Downporter allowing for extremely easy game backporting to FW 5.05
With FW 6.72 being jailbroken a mere 6 days ago, it’s obvious that the PlayStation 4 scene is still on fire but since some are staying on FW 5.05 due to stability concerns and because “it just works™“, backporting FW 5.50-6.72 titles has become quite a thing. As a result, Noob404 has released a utility for doing this in one click which we’ll be looking at in this article
What is Noob404 1Click PS4 Downporter?
With many of those owning a hacked PlayStation 4 being on FW 5.05, some are reluctant to update to FW 6.72 albeit with justified reasons as this firmware’s jailbreak has a fairly low success rate although its developer slerisgoevy attempted to improve its stability a few days ago. Due to this, a situation has presented itself in which games requiring FW 5.50-6.72 can be played and dumped on hacked PlayStation 4 consoles but require backporting in order to make them compatible with FW 5.05 which has prompted some scene members to ease the process as much as possible. The latest release related to these efforts was done a few hours ago when Noob404 released his 1Click PS4 Downporter which makes backporting dumped games to FW 5.05 doable with little user interaction.
How do I use it? Are there any improvements planned?
As per its release notes on Reddit, Noob404’s 1Click Downporter simply requires you to:
- Download & Extract the ZIP file linked below to get the executable
- Open Noob404’s 1Click PS4 Downporter and it’ll create a file called ‘Input’
- Put the PKG of your dumped game inside the aforementioned ‘Input’ folder
- Press the ‘Downport’ button on the Downporter application
- The application will extract the PKG provided and delete it afterwards in order to safe space while backporting it so make sure to keep a backup if you don’t wish to have it deleted!
- A command prompt window will open informing you of current progress while also having you press a key at some stages of the process
- As a result, don’t keep the backporting process running without checking on it every now and then because you’d be disappointed
- After the process is finished, you’ll get a new PKG which you can copy and install on your hacked PlayStation 4
In its current form, Noob404’s 1Click PS4 Downporter only works on Windows and there seem to be no plans for a Linux/macOS port. However, Noob404 plans to update the utility not to require any key pressing thus making it fully automated and allowing it to run while you’re away from your computer although no ETA has been given.
Obviously, it is important to mention that downloading dumps off the internet is illegal and you should only use the Downporter with your own dumps to use on your consoles! This is especially important because lots of PlayStation 4 games are still being sold commercially and getting them off pirate websites will only harm their creators.
In order to get Noob404’s 1Click PS4 Downporter, you may follow the link below which comes together with a demonstration video showing the relatively simple steps one needs to follow to backport their game dumps to FW 5.05!
Noob404’s 1Click PS4 Downporter Release Post (instructions + download link): https://noob404.com/1click-ps4-downporter/
Direct Download Link (various mirrors): https://www.mirrored.to/files/1KPB77S9/Noob404_1Click_PS4_Downporter.7z_links