PS4 & Vita News: TheFlow to “disclose something in a few weeks/months” for the PS4 & a new Webkit exploit chain called ‘HENlo’ announced for the PSVita allowing for another Browser-based hack!

Aurora

1. Padla says:

just remember : stay fuc*ing tuned!

• spok says:

that is what i hear for two years now since i got my PS4 stuck on 5.05 while PS3 has 100x more homebrew/games collection – PS4 scene is a joke!

• Paul says:

Stop being so entitled… you had two years to learn how to do it yourself.

If you had the knowledge, why not use it to get paid 10k?

He’s already promised to release it despite ps4 freeloaders being arses.

2. Bl4ckbl00d says:

Wow PS4 scene are such babies! Good on TheFlow to try to make a living using his talents!
    Also Wololo, I wasn’t aware of the Auro***t harassment, I want to apologize, I thought it was a local joke or something.

3. bololo says:

I understand why many people might be angry at him. He recently needed a 6.20 fw console from the community and suddenly we find out that he received a large sum of money from sony for reporting exploits…

4. mgplayer 47 says:

you are Man NOT any one of them

5. ddi says:

Damn, sad to see him retire after this, especially when such talent is in high demand.

6. Jgr9 says:

Ahh, good times… I remember when Flow blocked me for making a pun.

7. Jym says:

He ask for 6.20fw console to the comunity to find bugs in that firmware for Sony ja ja ja

8. evilpaul says:

I’d guess if the exploit Sony paid thefl0w for it’s the one he’s releasing he has to wait some amount of time per the but bounty agreement. But I haven’t read the agreement, so grain of salt.

9. AciDBatH says:

Thank you for releasing what you have. Go make some money with the new bug bounty program. At least you’ll get paid while not having to listen to ungrateful crybabies who expect something for nothing. Again, thank you for what you have released.

10. kek says:

If I was The Flow this is time to fully embrace the Sony Bounties for PS4, you don’t need to deal with entitled kids on twitter plus you make some money for you efforts.

11. lightyagami says:

I have no idea why people are upset. In life every person exists to better themselves, key word THEMSELVES.
    No you, not me, but themselves. All hackers hack to gain fame to then use as leverage to better their own lives, no yours.
    The Flow getting paid by Sony was the end game. Its the same end game for everyone on earth to better their own lives through their own skill-sets. Welcome to the real world.

12. qubits_ says:

TheFlow of $ will make another bug bounty millionaire.

If only my brain had that excellence·

13. Zeke says:

I don’t see why people get so up in arms about things like this. It’s not like PS4 owners are “owed” a hack so they can run home-brew etc, it’s the good nature and talent of the developers that share their work which end-users then reap the benefits of.

I spoke with TheFloW a lot years ago, last time was late 2016. Cool guy. Did some basic alpha testing for him on Vitamin, donated him some beer money for his troubles. Without him there basically wouldn’t be a Vita modding scene beyond the PSPemu hacks, so he deserves a lot of patience and respect.

• lightyagami says:

I agree with you. But to be brutally honest nobody does anything out of good nature. Nobody. Hackers hack consoles for street cred which then gets leveraged for real world jobs in cyber security. There is no such thing as altruism, every action is done out benefiting the self. The scene gets a tangible benefit of a hacked console, the hacker gets the leverage they need to make money off their talent in the future. Win win.

14. Grass Porridge says:

A real shame. He will be missed. Though, most of those “retirees” come back and still release things then disappear.

15. Frostvi3n says:

Thanks Flow
    Always <3

1. July 7, 2020

[…] the PS4 scene in the past 2 years, and could be a game changer for a lot of people: following up on his promise, hacker TheFlow has released a PS4 kernel exploit for PS4 firmware 7.02 […]