Switch News: Team Xecuter Ship Their Review & Test Units Of SX Core & SX Lite – Hacking your patched Switch or Switch Lite is getting closer!
After numerous delays brought about largely due to the coronavirus situation, Team Xecuter’s hacking solutions for unpatchable Switch consoles are finally in advanced stages thanks to a new development. In this article, we’ll be looking at this development together at what’s next for SX Core & SX Lite!
Team Xecuter ships their Review & Test Samples of SX Core & SX Lite
Starting off with a little background, rumours that Team Xecuter were up to something in the unhackable Switch department started cropping up last October with legitimacy being built up after they showed a picture of a Switch Lite running SX OS 3.0 in December.
Ever since then, bits of new information kept being made available but then, the coronavirus took the world by surprise and things ended up getting delayed by quite a bit. However, the coronavirus situation in China, which is where Team Xecuter is located, has now significantly cooled down and the review and test samples of SX Core & SX Lite have just been shipped!
The purpose of these review and test samples is so that trusted community members with experience in soldering can help with:
- Fine tuning installation diagrams as both SX Lite and SX Core require some degree of soldering
- Noticing and helping to correct any issues that may be encountered while installing or using the aforementioned hacking solutions
Team Xecuter have also noted that approved testers/reviewers will be receiving their tracking number soon with some of them having already received it as per information from a tester. Delivery is expected by the end of this week or sometime next week so that the SX Lite & SX Core can get into hands of consumers as early as possible after appropriate testing performed!
Are all firmwares compatible with SX Core & SX Lite? When will I be able to get my hands on a unit?
According to information that’s currently available, these are some primary points that should be known about Team Xecuter’s upcoming hacking solutions:
- SX Core is compatible with all non-Lite Switch models including mariko, ipatched and fusee-gelee vulnerable models although there’s little point in installing it in the latter unless you just want a permanent hack
- SX Lite is compatible with all Switch Lite models
- Up till now, all Switch & Switch Lite models are compatible with SX Core and SX Lite respectively although this may change if Nintendo comes up with a new hardware revision to patch out the vulnerabilities being used if this is possible
- All firmware versions are supported on both SX Core & SX Lite
- An SX OS license is included with both SX Core & SX Lite (which may be one of the reasons for the $45.95 price) but Team Xecuter have stated that it’s possible to install other CFWs meaning that you’ll be able to install Atmosphere which is one of the most popular CFWs for hacked Switch consoles
When it comes to getting your hands on one, Team Xecuter recommends placing a pre-order if you can install it yourself but they’ve also stated they have large stocks ready to be shipped in May so while demand is expected to be high, there should be a good supply as well.
It’s important to state that Team Xecuter have advised that if you’re not comfortable with soldering, you should ask someone who is to install it for you meaning that the soldering required is probably not trivial!
Other than good news on the unpatchable Switch front, PCSX2 1.6.0 (the de facto PS2 emulator) is out over 4 years since the last release which was PCSX2 1.4.0. The PlayStation Vita’s DaedalusX64 port is also in the process of receiving updates as Rinnegatamante has added both the ability to show ROM artwork + the ROM’s compatibility status!
For those wondering, I have not applied for a test unit as I lack the soldering skills necessary. However, when I’m able to get an SX Lite installed in my Switch Lite, I’ll do a review as soon as possible 😉