PSVita Releases: PSOneScrot plugin allowing you to properly take screenshots of PlayStation 1 games, 100 extra songs mod for Taiko no Tatsujin V Version & vitaHexen II 2.3 + vitaVoyager 0.7 released with major performance boost thanks to VitaGL fix!
If you’re currently stuck at home due to the coronavirus and have a PlayStation Vita, then you’re in for a treat as a barrage of releases has just descended upon us! In this article, we’ll be looking at the release of PSOneScrot, a 100 song mod for Taiko no Tatsujin V Version, an updated vitaHexen II & more!
PSOneScrot plugin & 100 song mod for Taiko no Tatsujin V Version released!
Starting off with a kernel plugin for the PlayStation Vita, cuevavirus/Marburg of Team CBPS has released yet another plugin for the console and this time around, it’s called PSOneScrot. As its name suggests, this plugin allows you take screenshots of PlayStation 1 games properly as pressing the PS Button+Start results in the taking of messed up screenshots.
To take a screenshot of a PS1 game with this plugin installed, all you have to do is open the Official Settings Menu by holding the PS Button and select ‘Screenshot’ which takes a screenshot of what’s on-screen for you. The plugin also comes with support for Adrenaline although to use it, you have to first open Adrenaline’s Quick Menu then navigate to the Official Settings Menu from there.
Moving onto another release, Reddit user ‘DespairOfHarmony‘, who has modded some titles like Nights of Azure by giving it an English translation patch, has released a custom song pack for Taiko no Tatsujin V Version. This song pack comes with 100 songs from a wide variety of systems that have Taiko games including the PS4, Switch, Wii U, 3DS and Arcade machines.
Among the songs in the song pack, we find:
- Splatoon 2 Medley
- 3 Dragon Ball Heroes songs
- Some Tuohou songs including Marisa Stole the Precious Thing and Cirno’s Perfect Math Class
- Requiem from Dies Irae
- Rain and many many others
Installation instructions, the full song list and a download link can be found here.
Rinnegatamante releases vitaHexen II 2.3 & vitaVoyager 0.7 after fixing a huge flaw in vitaGL
Switching focus over to homebrew games, Rinnegatamante on Wednesday announced that he’d discovered and fixed a major flaw in vitaGL, a hardware accelerated OpenGL wrapper for the Vita.
This major flaw was bottlenecking the rendering process leading to significant performance losses because after it was fixed, a ~185% FPS boost could be noticed in titles using vitaGL like vitaRTCW, vitaHexen and others.
As a result of this, Rinnegatamante has already released updates to two homebrew game ports that make use of VitaGL which are:
- vitaHexen II 2.3 – a homebrew port of Hexen II; the update brings along:
- Obviously, this includes a major performance boost thanks to the vitaGL fix described above and some ARM NEON instruction usage imporvements
- Support for Anaglyph 3D (red & cyan)
- Support for custom crosshairs
- The game will now crash less as FPU exception traps have been disabled
- The vitaHexen II version will now be shown on the main menu
- vitaVoyager 0.7 – a homebrew port of Start Trek Voyager: Elite Force Holomatch mode; the update brings along:
- Like vitaHexen II, vitaVoyager received a huge performance boost thanks to the aforementioned fix
- Full holomatch data files have been added in the downloadable pack meaning that the base game is no longer required
Other a whole bunch of PlayStation Vita releases, there’s still some interesting stuff in related scenes including the release of bguerville’s PS3 Toolset which comes with an easy-to-use UI for various PS3 tools and the publishing of a Dingus PPC progress report which is a PowerMac emulator. On the Switch front, there are some developments being made in cheating in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and finally, it seems that some of AMD’s GPU source was leaked online including code related to the XBOX Series X GPU!