Switch News: Firmware 9.0.1 released with some fixes and Goldleaf 0.7.3 with FW 9.0.1 support – Update so minor that Atmopshere 0.9.4 works out of the box!
As the Switch is Nintendo’s current console, frequent updates keep on being released for it and now, Firmware 9.0.1 has been released which is a pretty minor update. Other than that, we’ll also be taking a lolk at Goldleaf’s recent update with support for this firmware.
Nintendo releases FW 9.0.1 & it doesn’t break Atmosphere!
On September 30, Nintendo released Switch Firmware 9.0.1 which is a minor update that comes with no new features except some bug fixes.
These fixes include:
- A bug in which you’re asked to remove joycons during set-up on a Switch Lite has been addressed
- The Switch Lite doesn’t have detachable joycons but the controls are part of the system itself
- An issue in which errors might’ve been triggered during playing games has been fixed
- This description is pretty vague as Nintendo didn’t specify exactly where the issue happened
Unlike many other Switch firmware updates, FW 9.0.1 doesn’t break Atmosphere CFW compatibility which has been confirmed by SciresM and various individuals online. Furthermore, users have indicated that most homebrew including RetroArch, Tinfoil, Checkpoint and NX-Shell are working just fine on this firmware which goes on to show how inconsequential its changes are when it comes to hacking console.
As of right now, there seems to be no definitive word as to whether sigpatches for FW 9.0.0 are compatibile with FW 9.0.1 but the general consensus is that they are since FW 9.0.1 didn’t change many files.
Goldleaf 0.7.3 released with FW 9.0.1 compatibility
Goldleaf is a homebrew utility for the Switch with similar functionality to FBI for the Nintendo 3DS.
Among its main features, one can find the ability to browse the SD Card, install NSP files, surf the web and manage local user accounts and console settings.
Version 0.7.3 was released a few hours ago and according to its changelog, it brings along:
- Proper support for firmware 9.0.1 as the console’s supported key generation is read from BOOT0 rather than being hardcoded
- Thanks to this, Goldleaf needn’t be updated every firmware update if the only issue is a key mismatch
- The updater has been fixed as it’s broken in version 0.7.2 and probably older versions
- Pending update detection received some fixes
To grab Goldleaf 0.7.3, check out this link to either get it in NRO or NSP format.