iOS Devices: axi0mX releases checkm8, an unpatchable bootrom exploit allowing for jailbreaks on every FW, downgrades, dualbooting and more! – Exploit works on A5-A11 devices including the iPhone X

Aurora

1. mgplayer 47 says:

so good

2. Lars says:

does this mean that i can jailbreak my ipad 2 to update to a newer version of ios?

• Duke says:

No man… You can’t update a non-compatible device to a newer iOS version… Why would you even want to do that? The iPad 2 is laggy as heck with its latest supported firmware as it is… Even if you could do this, it would be a nightmare of a lag machine :/ This bootrom exploit means that you can downgrade to any(compatible) non-signed firmware you want and also jailbreak…I think a bootrom exploit already exists for the iPad 2 actually…

3. Donny says:

Hopefully it’s time to start buying iCloud locked devices for the low

• dude says:

Sure, buy stolen devices

• Someone says:

It’s not always a stolen device, sometimes people on ebay sell iPhones and never mention that it has iCloud and when you receive said phone and try to ask them for the user/pass, they’ll either not want to give out the info or just say that it’s from someone else. I have lot’s of iPhones that have iCloud because of people like those. With this I’ll finally be able to remove them and sell them.

4. ICrack says:

What it means is if you example want to have an iphone with data only subscription (which is cheaper) and have a SIP trunk configure on it or even in pair with a FREEPBX for VoIP, it would work just like it does for Android. Apple doesn’t you to do this because they have deal with At$t, Verizon and Tmobile… but you save $$$ a year by doing so. Flowroute is a good SIP provider. I use this with my android for the last 4 years. Cost me 25$ a month for the Internet data and peanuts for the sip(1.25$).

• Siphon says:

I’ll share a very dark secret, man. You can download XLite sip client and use it on your iPhone without any exploits.

5. Zai says:

Does that mean I could bypass my old iPhone 5 icloud lock? I can’t remember my login *** and apple support gave me the middle finger…

6. roreet says:

A
    U
    R
    O
    Z
    E
    T
    T

1. October 10, 2019

[…] those out of the loop, axi0mX released a groundbreaking bootrom exploit called checkm8 around two weeks ago. This exploit, which uses an unpatchable vulnerability found in the bootrom of […]