PS Plus Heads up! PS Plus 12 Months subscription is $39.99 on Amazon for Prime Day. Get it while supplies last.

A look at the last sliver of hope for Nintendo 64, high-res PS1 and emulator shaders on the PSVita – The GXM Driver (GPU Acceleration) Bounty that’s gaining traction with over $500 raised and frangar is working on

Aurora

1. Juan says:

“Improved SNES (including SuperFX) and Sega 32X emulation through GPU acceleration (probably Phase 2)”
    This isn’t the case as none of those have dedicated 3D functions.

• Tomas says:

I don’t think GPU acceleration applies only to 3D, Juan. You can still offload sprite drawing off to the GPU to make some headroom for the CPU. Don’t expect an amazing increase in performance though, most SNES and Sega games already run really well on the Vita.

2. Joe G says:

Finally! Some news on vita. Will it be able to upscale psp games? We would really really love to see high res for some psp games similar to what theflow did with GTA.

3. Joe G says:

4. Ra-D-OH-3H says:

Good news. And I thought that the PSVITA scene is dead.

5. fotset says: