Latest PS3 Firmware 4.84 now hacked thanks to “hybrid firmware” release

1. brut says:

i have 4.82 with HAN, do i need to install it again after updating to 4.84?

2. ManekiNeko says:

This didn’t work so well for me. After installing HFW 4.84 I haven’t been able to downgrade to 4.82 or use any of the pkg files I’d already installed. Others have had the same problem, and have had to run a series of programs on the PS3 as a workaround. I’d wait for the issues with the firmware to be smoothed out before you install it, especially if you already have a hacked version of 4.82 on your system.

• Lee says:

You can’t downgrade/install full custom firmware yet. Need to wait for the nand/nor dumper and writer tools to be updated.

• benjamin says:

wait, so if you have a 2500 series ps3 or lower, you cant install something like rebug 4.84 over HFW ?

3. BHEN says:

Hi guys so if I install this HFW , can I install .PKG files BTW my PS3 is still on 4.83 OFW and what application I can use to install .PKG files? is there a HOW to videos on how to install .PKG once I have the 4.84 HFW? Thanks in advance

4. Kurosaki says:

I think there is no need to install the 4.84 is you already have the 4.82 HAN.
    If you want to use PSN just use the proxy server.
    Wololo should make a totorial for this.

• noname says:

This is bad advice.

There is no reason to stay on 4.82 (especially if your connecting to PSN).
      That is sending an un-needed RED FLAG by being on a lower CFW and conencting to PSN.

YOU NEVER USE THOSE METHODS WHEN THERE IS AN OPTION TO USE THE REAL FIRMWARE VERSION

-STLcardsWS

5. Gryphon says:

Does this now mean I can mod my CECH-3001A?
    I was told that it is impossible about six months ago.

6. STLcardsWS says:

@wololo this has been updated to 4.84.2 (corrected a bug)
    and Flash and Dumper tools have been released
    (i.e. CFW installs now possible again)

All info in source link above in article for psx-place

7. Fionna says:

i have a superslim console running OFW 4.60. what’s best option for hacking that thing?

8. Curcius says:

Please make hybrid firmware PS4 6.50/5.55 =D

9. Tommy says:

Hi I have a problem when I try to install it says: The lastest version of the system software is already installed. There is no need to update.

1. March 26, 2019

[…] few days ago, the PS3Xploit folks, with help from Rebug’s Joonie, released their hybrid firmware which allows PS3Xploit to work on FW 4.84. As usual, when new versions get hacked, the mostly […]