Adrenaline 6.8 released: Support for h-encore 2.0, PS1 slowdowns fixed and a sharp bilinear without scanlines filter added!
Undoubtedly, Adrenaline is one of the most (if not the most) used PSVita homebrew available since it lets you turn your Vita/PSTV into a fully-fledged PSP. As a result, most of its bugs have already been ironed out and releases have slowed down but occasionally, TheFlow allows it an update and now, Adrenaline 6.8 has been released.
What is Adrenaline?
Adrenaline, by TheFlow, is an ePSP hack for HENkaku/taiHEN-enabled PSVita/PSTV consoles running FW 3.60-3.68.
Originally released in late 2016, Adrenaline has come a long way and nowadays, it’s pretty beefed up and has a large number of great features such as:
- Support for almost all PSP and PS1 games.
- If you’re into compressing your games, CSO and other space-saving formats are also supported
- The full XMB experience with support for the PSP’s plugins such as CXMB and others
- Save states so that you can make some games less frustrating
- Screen filters, such as Advanced AA, to make games look better
- Support for mapping the right analogue stick to control games with through game patches like Camera Patch Lite and TheFlow’s own patches
- Many other features including WiFi support, the ability to use the PSP’s USB transfer mode for copying files and 64MB RAM for homebrew requiring the PSP Slim or newer
What does Adrenaline 6.8 bring along?
Adrenaline 6.8 is an incremental update which brings about some important things namely:
- A fix, by rsn8887, for the slowdowns encountered when emulating certain PlayStation 1 titles.
- The addition of a sharp bilinear without scanlines screen filter also by rsn8887 (Patreon)
- Support for h-encore 2.0 which can come in handy if you’re still on FW 3.67/3.68 even though you shouldn’t be since modoru lets you downgrade to FW 3.60/3.65 thus letting you use HENkaku Enso (hacks at boot time).
Even though it’s a somewhat small update, it’s recommended you upgrade to it especially if you play PS1 games. Updating Adrenaline is pretty simple and can be done by following these steps:
- Download the Adrenaline VPK from the link below
- Open it with an archive viewer and extract all the files from the “sce_module” directory
- Copy them to “ux0:/app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module” and replace the existing files
- Open Adrenaline and enjoy!
- Obviously, this requires you to have Adrenaline already installed and should only be done if you have Adrenaline 6.0 or above or installed.
If you don’t have Adrenaline installed or have an ancient version, you can install it by downloading the VPK, installing it through VitaShell and then copying the PSP FW 6.61 PBP file to “ux0:/app/PSPEMUCFW”.
If you encounter any issues, report them to TheFlow through the Issues tab of the GitHub link below. You may also donate a few bucks to TheFlow via his Patreon as a token of appreciation for his work.
Hopefully, in the near future, even FW 3.69/3.70 users can enjoy Adrenaline with TheFlow’s upcoming hack as it truly makes the PSVita much more useful!
Adrenaline 6.8 download link + change log: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases/latest
TheFlow’s Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheOfficialFloW
TheFlow’s Twitter (further updates): https://twitter.com/theflow0