“Plissken” Doom v4 and Brutal Doom v2 released for PS4 (Homebrew)
Developer Snake Plissken has released an update to his Doom port for the PS4.
This is still a work in progress, but always nice to see Doom working on… everything, really. Plissken’s release includes a “regular” version of Doom as well as Brutal Doom.
The full changelog, from the developer:
Plissken DooM v4:
- You can now fully play shareware Doom1 on PS4
- Added rest of the map linedefs from Doom shareware campaign
- Added Baron of heck
- and much more!
Brutal PS4 DooM v2:
- Change particle effect to a more nostalgic look
- Brutal PS4 DooM v2 is built on top of Plissken DooM v4
- Performance drop on level 3
- Corpses on dynamic sectors might stay hanging in the air
- Walking between things might push you on top of them
- AI sometimes walks off the ledges unintentionally
- Monsters are unable to walk through certain areas, such as a keycard door that is open.
- This is very noticeable with the pink demons, but applies to all. The reason for this is that heatmap
- doesn’t get updated, or the original calculations were not good enough.
In future releases:
- will try to add a minimap
- will try to fix preformance issues
- larger HUD
It is worth noting that this is a homebrew based on Unity, as is often the case on the PS4 scene so far. We haven’t tested this yet, but you can see a video of it in action below, from the developer.
Download PS4 Doom
Source: Snake Plissken on psxhax