PlayStation Classic Hacking: You can now load any PS1 game you please through a USB pen drive! (without even modding your console’s files)

Aurora

1. Cypherous says:

Typical sony security 😛

• 1 says:

I’m not sure Sony made this one. I think its possible that they outsourced it to someone else.

• dmaskell92 says:

Sony’s recent security is actually pretty decent. That’s due to a bunch of R&D that cost probably millions of dollars. Selling a bare bones console with no digital purchase platform doesn’t create much of a profit margin for R&D to secure a offline console with no possibility for updates.

Big deal, people might be able to play free PS1 games. Like there’s not a million avenues to do this already.

• Formedras says:

And yet it’s MICROSOFT that has the console that has yet to be opened to piracy.

• Amnesia82 says:

You are right! Ps2 Ps3 Psp Psvita maybe Ps4 and many emulator for many O.S. can emulate Psone. Games are on web like roms, and no new games for update a new version firmware, so no nternet connection. For what? Why spend for security? Sony sell (like nintendo & sega) for only 100€ an old Psone, that I’ve alredy in my all systems, inclusive my smartphone! Come on! Save your money!

2. TechmanTim says:

This may lead me in to perching one, not much for the retro band wagon considering i have all the original hardware.

3. Q says:

I’ll play my ps1 games on ps3 PSP or ita, thanks.

4. Demian says:

Well that was fast!

Anyway.

Not at all an option for me… I’d rather play PSX/PSOne games on my Vita (portably), and don’t throw $99 USD to the garbage can.

5. nebu_187 says:

and still the thing is a gorgeous small replica i am satisfied just having it i didnt even boot it up yet

6. altec says:

can we still play multiplayer or usb is going to take place of the controler….. Can we input a usb hub?

7. PSPUMD says:

currently playing FFVII ,FFVIII and Super robot Wars Alpha on it with Scanlines at 80%, loving it ~ awesome system. And also as extra controller for my PC 🙂 win

8. Emojicon says:

imo people would be much better off buying a PSTV or Raspberry Pi. The interface is really ugly, and Sony didn’t even care enough to code their own emulator; they just used PCSX on weak hardware.

9. Formedras says:

20 years later, and the ghost of bleem! STILL haunts Sony.