Famous Vita hacker digs hole into PlayStation Classic’s motherboard. Here’s what happens next

1. first yay says:

Fiiiiiiiirst!!!!!! Thank you peasants……..thank you

2. Estanislao says:

Love reading news about PS Classic here. Keep it up guys! 🙂

3. H says:

Very interesting devolpment. If they manage to modify the performance. And able to put more games on it. I’m going to get a PS1 classic for sure. Sony right now has offered an insulting product. It’s not even worth to get for nostalgia sake.

4. Schadows says:

I might think about getting one once the hacking will be more advanced.

At the moment, I don’t like the game selection they put.
    I don’t like that some high pace games are un PAL format (50Hz means slow down not just 50/25 fps)
    I don’t like the visual quality the games are rendered at (worse than Vita)
    I don’t like the lack of optimization (very important for such early 3D titles).

Basically, all I like in this product is the shape of it ;p

5. 007 says:

waste of time & rubbish !!! just get an hacked PSTV and put it in a 3d PS1 classic printed case .

6. Concerned User says:

Please do not start with the stupid clickbait titles

7. TerminatR says:

It’s pretty clear that a PS3 with CFW is the real playstation classic.

why has everyone forgotten this?

8. Debo says:

I watched the whole stream a total of over 6hrs…. lol it was very very fun to see a master scrap dig and almost reach the other side of the board to get the cmd pin to stop grounding out…. @frowololo there was only 1 hole btw lmao j/s

9. fehguy says:

One of the Japanese tweets mentions something about the MTK bootloader. If this thing is running on a Mediatek SoC, it’s no wonder it runs like garbage.

• UhHuh says:

It indeed runs on a MediaTek SoC. So that explains a lot.

• Dewm says:

A lot end MediaTek at that. You can get an MTK that runs rather well; but the one the PSXC uses is… ugghh… disappointing at best.

• Demian says:

No matter what SoC it has, *** can only run like garbage.

I won’t buy a PSX-Classux, even if I can emulate a coffe maker on it, it’s a waste of money.

10. BeatsOfRage says:

“plug it in and press ‘escape'” ***… RIP

11. nebu_187 says:

couldnt resist the *** for its apearence it sits under my monitor next to snes mini. NOSTALGIA

12. e says:

The title of this article is just like the ads that show on this site.

1. March 5, 2019

[…] this isn’t where it ends with the Playstation Classic. According to Wololo.net, a site dedicated to news about the emulation and hacking scene, people have been able to dump the […]