Recent PSVita releases: VHBB 0.83 with an important crash fix and talk about adding other homebrew databases, VitaGrafix 3.2 with support for even more games (including WipeOut 2048) and G*Maker with touchscreen support!
PSVita homebrew releases are still a thing and recently, we got updates to some pretty important homebrew. These updates include an important bug fix (in VHBB’s case) and new features for the others.
Vita Homebrew Browser (VHBB) updated to version 0.83
Vita Homebrew Browser, by devnoname120, is one of the most popular Vita homebrew to date because it provides an on-device homebrew app store for hacked PSVita and PSTV consoles.
As its homebrew source, it uses VitaDB which is managed by Rinnegatamante which includes over 200 homebrew. Unfortunately, it doesn’t include ONELua homebrew and any GameMaker games (as they have to do with SilicaAndPina’s G*Maker) which means VHBB doesn’t let you get all the homebrew available for the Vita. As a result of this, there’s talk in its GitHub Issues tracker about support for adding other homebrew databases.
Even though it currently only works with VitaDB, VHBB still lets you install a lot of homebrew and so, updates to it are highly appreciated since it’s used by many people! Version 0.83 brings along:
- A crash that was triggered when an invalid icon/screenshot was loaded is fixed
- VHBB’s LiveArea screen now has a button reading “Click here for debug logs” that outputs debug logs to ux0:/log.
- These logs can be quite useful if you encounter bugs you wish to report!
VitaGrafix version 3.2 released and G*Maker updated with touchscreen support
VitaGrafix is a plugin by Electry that lets you unleash the full potential of native Vita games by letting you modify frame/internal buffer resolution and remove frame caps among other things. It has been updated to version 3.2 with more game support and these newly supported titles include:
- WipeOut 2048 with support for changing internal buffer resolution and modifying the FPS cap
- Fate/EXTELLA LINK can now have its internal buffer resolution changed.
- Assassin’s Creed III with internal buffer resolution and FPS cap modification support
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I and II – internal buffer resolution changing support
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus (Internal Buffer resolution support)
- Resident Evil: Revelations (Internal Buffer resolution support)
On the other, SilicaAndPina’s G*Maker also received some updates and these brought about a major feature which is touchscreen support in GameMaker games! Other than touchscreen support, recent updates have also brought about support for the rear touchpad, some technical changes and bug fixes. To read more about recent G*Maker developments, simply follow this link.
If you encounter any bugs, you can report them in the Issues tab of the GitHub or BitBucket links found above. To see the touchscreen functionality of G*Maker in action, follow the link below.
G*Maker touchscreen demonstration video: https://twitter.com/SilicaDevs/status/1057972010624544768?s=20