VitaGrafix updated to version 3.1 accompanied by VitaGrafix Configurator version 1.2: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus, Dragon Quest Builders, Ratchet & Clank Collection, Borderlands 2 (EU) and many more games now supported!
It is quite often that game developers reduce the graphics quality or output resolution of their games and this is due to numerous reasons. The two most popular reasons are battery life concerns and low performance but sometimes, you can up the graphics quality with little to no penalty and VitaGrafix allows you to do just that!
VitaGrafix updated to version 3.1
VitaGrafix is a plugin for hacked PSVita/PSTV consoles by developer ‘Electry’ which allows you to unlock the full potential of games. This is done by:
- Letting you enforce or remove FPS caps
- Allowing you to increase the resolution of the framebuffer (the size of the frame you’re being shown on screen)
- Allowing you to increase internal buffer resolution (the resolution that’s being rendered internally)
- You can also reduce these aforementioned buffers as certain games, like Borderlands 2, have performance issues with their default settings
- Allowing you to configure the above options for supported games however you want
Among games that are supported, one can find Persona 4 Golden, Ridge Racer, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone:Mercenary and many more. It must be noted that not all options can be used with all supported games (for example, you can only change the internal resolution in Hatsune Miku Project Diva X).
VitaGrafix version 3.1 brings along support for the following games:
- Sly Cooper Collection and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, both for EU/NA versions. FPS Caps can be configured for both and the framebuffer resolution can be modified for the former.
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus for EU/NA/JP regions with supporting changing the internal buffer resolution
- Dragon Quest Builders for EU/NA/JP/ASIA. Support has been added for changing FPS cap settings
- Ratchet & Clank Collection and Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault/QForce, both for EU/NA regions and with support for changing the frame buffer.
- Utawarerumono: Chiriyuku Mono he no Komoriuta for the Japan region with internal buffer resolution modification support.
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z for EU/NA/JP regions. This allows you to change the internal buffer resolution.
- The EU version of Borderlands 2 is now supported and LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now playable without crashes at a resolution of 960×544 (native resolution)
Configuring the plugin is either done by manually editing the plugin’s configuration text file (found in ux0:/data/VitaGrafix/config.txt) or by VitaGrafix Configurator which does all the dirty work for you!
VitaGrafix Configurator version 1.2 released
As mentioned above, VitaGrafix Configurator is a configuration utility that makes setting up the VitaGrafix much easier. This utility, by ‘Kirezar’, is written in Lua (and interpreted by Lua Player Plus) and makes use of the PSVita’s front buttons for navigation so that it’s also compatible with the PSTV.
Among the features found in this software, we find the ability to change graphics options (as per what VitaGrafix supports) and the hiding of non-available options so that you know what works and what doesn’t. It also shows you which regions of the game are supported and information about game defaults.
VitaGrafix Configurator version 1.2 brings about the following:
- The game list has been updated to be in line with what VitaGrafix v3.1 supports
- The supported game list can now be updated via Wi-Fi when a new version of VitaGrafix drops.
- This removes the need of having to update the app manually when a new version of VitaGrafix is out.
To download VitaGrafix Configurator, you can either open VHBB as it’s available on VitaDB or download it manually through here.
If you encounter any issues, simply report them to the developer of the respective software in the Issues tab of the GitHub links provided. Before reporting any issues about VitaGrafix, make sure to check out the ‘known issues’ first!