PS4 glitch in messaging allegedly crashes the console, forcing a factory reset

1. dameros says:

Anyone know what they did exactly? And is this an attached file containing code like those pictures that were seen on 4chan a few years back?
    also, first

2. just curious says:

so he offers free jailbreaking if you win ?

3. BlackGauna says:

I got that kind of message yesterday. You don’t have to factory reset your PS4. You need to delete the message via the app, then get into safe mode and rebuild database. That fixed my PS4.

4. Wowzers123 says:

Well done, Sony.

5. kaluas says:

Can we somehow report Dunkzy_TP and his buddy xSL4Y3RS14x ? That alone would make PSN a lot better.

6. Sony Supreme Emperor says:

NIntendo Fanboyism side effects include: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation and erectile dysfunction.

7. eZ says:

Sounds like a deal to me

8. none says:

I don’t worry because I don’t used the online. Never will and never interested in online at all.

9. Chainsaw says:

Seems this crash also works in Playroom / Live of Play Station. When a PS4 user streams in Youtube, and you watch the stream in “Live of the playstation”, some text in the Youtube chat can crash the whole PS4 firmware. Don’t know how it works, and in Browser I couldn’t see which character caused the crash.

10. kelly says:

So this is surely going to help you a lot.

11. Kattstof says:

This glitch also affects ps vita causing a system crash that auto rebuilds upon reboot
    Therefore not harmful just a bit annoying
    A bit curious if this can be escalated into low-level code execution though.