PS3 Firmware 4.83 released, breaks ps3Xploit

1. Luziano says:

Typical from Sony.

2. raymond says:

thats wierd i thought ps3 is dead almost 2 years ago..

• spok says:

well even there are no new PS3 games CFW still offers more than PS4 with webkit – Multiman/Showtime, PSN online, PSX/2 support…

• peter james smith says:

yes the exploit is a great thing making the ps3 the best console ever made ,,and its a shame they work against us ,not with us ,,yes i run the update on 1 of my systems 4.83 …awaiting rebug 4.83

• Quake says:

Fifa 2019 was just released. Probably did this to counter the flood of CFW users on there. Maybe, maybe not.

They probably already had it in the mix just waiting for a release. Who knows.

3. rjshooter says:

LOL Sony.

4. I was wondering if they going to bother this time lol

5. thank god i got CFW back when PS3xploit 1.0 came out

6. MaxXimus says:

Look on the bright side. At least I have cfw and this isn’t a problem for me at all. I am looking forward to the development of a 4.83 Rebug REX.

7. JonhA says:

Is there a way to access PS Store on PS3 without updating? I want to be able to download games I bought but don’t want to update.

• joegan says:

You can use any number of programs to spoof the current firmware version. I believe the one I use is either SEN Enabler or PSNPatch

• Kris says:

Forgive me, are you saying I can use a spoof, then activate my ps+ account? I want to back up some copy protected games (Demon’s Souls & Dark Souls)

8. d4rk51d3 says:

UNLIMITED STABILITEEEEE.

9. SonyBlows says:

Guess I’ll hang on to my E3 Flasher after all. Thanks for the news.

10. 1 says:

Can you even play online with CFW on 4.82 without being banned?

• twisty says:

Yes you can. I have been playing without any problems up until this new firmware came out. Now when i try to sign in, the system prompts me that there is a new update available.

• Zero says:

I can confirm that you can play online with CFW on 4.82. I’ve played a few multiplayer rounds of Peace Walker a few months ago. Still not banned.
      I thought it was just if we use cheats, or make it obvious enough that we’re on a CFW, that will get us banned?

11. bobrocks95 says:

Do I need to quickly make a HAN PSN account, or am I already too late to be able to activate it online?

12. JustMe says:

Showing a picture of a PS3 super slim and then talking of “System stability improvement” is kinda weird.

13. Dantenerosas says:

Is there any way to sign in into PSN on 4.82 HAN? Wanted to download some of my bought stuff but don’t wanna give up PS2 and PSP emulation

14. jj says:

This is $ony doing a fw upgrade just for f*cks sake 😉 a nice goodby from them to the ps3

15. E. A says:

Help can one downgrade this 4.83 to 4.82??? I got this info late.. And my multi man is not working again… Help!!!

16. devan says:

if I buy a ps3 that’s still on 4.82 can I still use the online exploit

17. Moay GAMER says:

guys is data tranafer utiliy still working?
    so Ican transfer games from cfw to ofw console