ePSP hack (ARK), which allows you to play all PSP games, for PSVita / PSTV FW 3.69 in the works: Qwikrazor87 suggests you get one PSP game installed from PSN and back it up via QCMA
There is little reason to be on firmware 3.69 right now. However, if you’re an unlucky buyer of a 3.69 console or run 3.69 on your second console for whatever reason, you may be in luck as Qwikrazor87, who released ARK for 3.60-3 a while ago, is apparently working on an ePSP hack for FW 3.69!
What has Qwikrazor87 revealed?
By analysing a string of tweets from the last couple of hours, Qwikrazor87 has revealed to us that:
- He’s working on exploiting the ePSP software on PSVita/PSTV devices running FW 3.69
- Currently, he has 5 different kernel exploits on hand and he can use 3 of these as he’s saving the other 2
- His time working on this may be limited as he’s having some legal trouble so don’t except a release just yet
Apart from revealing information about what he has, he also suggests that you download a PSP game (or mini; a demo might work as well but Qwikrazor87 hasn’t confirmed this) off PSN and back it up via QCMA. This way, you’ll have a backup that you can easily modify with psvimgtools and potentially inject the ARK payload into. Qwikrazor87 also suggests that you head over to http://cma.henkaku.xyz/ and grab your CMA key by using the AID generated by QCMA on your PC.
What does Qwikrazor87’s work achieve? What should I do?
Before you start getting your hopes up for HENkaku on FW 3.69, it must be kept in mind that Qwikrazor’s work only has to do with the ePSP emulator on the PSVita. As a result, you’ll be able to play all dumped PSP games and run homebrew (although the latter can already done via a VHBL bubble on 3.69) on your PSVita. However, you won’t be able to run native hacks like you can with HENkaku (taiHEN)/h-encore on firmware 3.60 to 3.68.
As for what you should do right now, these are some general instructions:
- If you’re on FW 1.06-3.57, you can safely update to FW 3.60 via the DNS method
- Those who have a device on FW 3.60-3.68, must not update since this won’t give you native hacks
- If you’re on FW 3.69, it’s recommended you stay there and do not update your device if Sony releases FW 3.70+
Right now, all you can do is wait for Qwikrazor87 to work more on this but he hasn’t given an ETA yet so don’t hold your breath. Remember not to pester him on Twitter (i.e being an ‘eta kid’) and do keep in mind that this ePSP hack may take a while to release due to Qwikrazor87’s aforementioned legal trouble.
Source (more info in replies and you can also read about his legal troubles): https://twitter.com/qwikrazor87