A look at PSVita upcoming games that will likely require FW 3.69+ – Is it really worth it to lose taiHEN/h-encore to play these games?

Aurora

1. a7mag3ddon says:

Are there even any games worth playing on the system now thats been EOL for a while now?

2. the fighting machine says:

Not worth losing the exploit. Honestly people shouldn’t worry. I love my vita and everything it’s received prior the 3.69 update is more than enough.

I’m more than happy to wait for the final exploit that has been reserved for when the vita reaches its end of life.

Also, funny story, I bought my vita when I was married. Barely got to play it until now. So really loving it as I’m having first hand experience on all the games on it.

3. Jeremy Hansel Ojascastro Gonzal says:

I wonder if the henkaku spoofer will still let us update games from the LiveArea.

4. Jack Attack says:

Meh. The switch took all my cares away from the Vita. I can certainly wait for the end of the Vita for either used hardware to get cheaper to play these last games, or wait for another, unlikely, hack. Or just never buy and play these at all. Throwaways and ports, anyway.

5. Dmaskell92 says:

The last time I checked there wasn’t even any games that required 3.68 (only 3.67), what makes you think they’re pulling the trigger on 3.69 restrictions?

6. fusony says:

it will be hacked soon or later we all know… sony was born losing

• ProtonDestron says:

It’s most likely to happen when Vita goes full EOL (global end of production) in late 2019 or 2020. There is still one kernel exploit unreleased.

7. the_importer says:

I’ve emailed Limited Run Games to see regarding their last upcoming 13 Vita games and the ones they’ve recently sold. I’ll email the admin here if I get a reply back.

8. Surge says:

A dreamcast emulator or ps2 emulator for the vita is all we need that would really make me spend hours on it but i’m definitely not updating to 3.69 it’s not worth it.

• Donopatay says:

That is impossible or at least we won’t be getting a playable/decent performance emulating those two on the Vita.

• Phoenix says:

Actually, there is a decent Dreamcast emu for android devices, I played it about 2 or 3 years ago on a relatively weak tablet, so I don’t see a reason why there can’t be one for the PSVita.

9. lollypop says:

just run a babylonjs gulp server with exploit ported in 3D and 3.69 rofl

10. Setfu says:

“Is it really worth it to lose taiHEN/h-encore to play these games?”

No game is worth this. None.

11. Zoltar says:

Isn’t Shovel Knight: King of Cards just an update? Or do updates require higher firmwares than games themselves?

12. sonysucks says:

This is a farce. Sony killed off the Vita. Now they just want to kick the last of their fans in the teeth. F^ck sony!

13. squall says:

I don’t play dancing game. So no worries for me.
    As for Catherine, I didn’t manage to finish that one on PS3 but no biggies.
    Can always get a PS4 ver.,

14. Taronish3 says:

My 3.65 enso says update so my spoof is now 3.69 and my back psn

15. Joe austen says:

I have 10 ps vitas and around 8 pstvs….

16. lollypop says:

oh hurry go port me a webgl drupal theme with dat.gui.js.VR
    dubbed drupal.VR
    so i can blog in 3D about the latest ploit xDD
    so i can run the latest playground in a 3D init 🙂
    cant wait for the site offline code

17. lollypop says:

and ofc a psvita homebrew cma store :))
    or a full vita cma store client for pc
    for use with cma ofc :p
    electron vitastore.js

18. Can says:

LOL what are you talking abot? Version spoofing is works

• StepS says:

Version spoofing doesn’t let you run encrypted games from higher firmwares. Because f00d (the unhacked security layer above kernel) will refuse to decrypt them.

19. Vladislav says:

but…Fate/Extella Link…oh come on, sony i hate you

• Heheuehuehe says:

I played the JP version of Fate/Extella Link and it worked perfectly well. I think it’s unlikely that they’ll change the NA version too much to demand the new update, so keep your hopes up. .

20. SCOTT0852 says:

3.69 doesn’t even have any new encryption keys… It’s literally impossible for games to be 3.69+. A 3.70 may come along later with new encryption keys, but it hasn’t yet and probably won’t.

• StepS says:

The problem is:
      – We don’t know the f00d keys, they are not accessible to us (above the kernel).
      – Even if the keys don’t change, the firmware check still can. And f00d will refuse to decrypt if the firmware is too high. We are not controlling it, so we can’t tell it to ignore the check.
      Like I said in a comment above, it’s not just about the keys.

21. bolo says:

Won’t repatch fix the problem of update req. like it has done so far?