This week in emulation (25 Aug – 1 Sep): RetroArch 1.7.4, DosBox 0.74-2, MAME 0.201 and much more!

Aurora

1. Smoker1 says:

RetroArch Cheat Search/Creation Tool is the best Addition EVER!!! ……There are some problems, like trying to run a Search on say PrBoom, or on sfzch through FB Alpha (Latest Build), will keep saying you have not Initiated the Search yet.

2. Gallop42 says:

Seems like an N64 emulator for the Vita would’ve happened already. Hope it does in time.

3. lollypop says:

is j2me coming to vita via android adb usb device emulation ?

4. Elwood says:

***! For a moment there I hoped that Dosbox finally got a standalone Vita port!!! Do not play with my heart, I’m a man of certain age!

5. dora says:

Still waiting for proper Retroarch port for UWP.
    Retrix is unplayable.

6. Smoker1 says:

3DS Users for RetroArch: Not sure why, but I have not been able to get Cheat Searches to work or even Initiate on my 3DS or even the Android Build of FBA 2012. So might be a Core Issue that needs to get worked out.
    Vita RA FBA Core: Works great so far, however there are a few Games where the Searches can not be started for some reason. Games include 1943, 1944, simpsons 2p, sfzch, and also PrBoom-Doom . I am making a GitHub Page of working Cheats. Suggest Users get the actual FBA Cheat .ini Files to help, since the Addresses are VERY closely matched 😉