VitaShell 1.95 released – Now compatible with Xerpi’s USB Streaming plugin, a bug fix to prevent Memory Card corruption, and ability to disable warning messages during VPK installation!
After numerous updates, Xerpi’s USB streaming plugin works with almost everything but there was one very popular piece of software that it didn’t work with. That software was TheFlow’s VitaShell which has now been updated to version 1.95 to fix that problem and bring along even more stuff!
What is VitaShell?
VitaShell, by TheFlow, is a file manager for the PSVita/PSTV that has been around since the Rejuvenate days but its popularity only soared with the advent of HENkaku two years ago. As it was bundled with HENkaku (as MolecularShell) and is the most fully fledged file manager on the console, it’s safe to assume that it’s the most installed piece of homebrew on HENkaku-enabled PSVita/PSTV consoles.
Apart from being a robust file manager, VitaShell also has the following features:
- An FTP server and USB Mass storage driver for easy file transfer to/from your PC or smart device
- Image viewer and music player
- Theme support
- Ability to refresh LiveArea to facilitate installation of games via NoNpDrm
- A QR reader and other features such as a text editor, SFO viewer and ad-hoc transfer.
What does VitaShell 1.95 bring along?
VitaShell 1.95 bring about the following:
- Compatibility with Xerpi’s USB Streaming plugin (UDCD_UVC)
- You must update the plugin to the latest version (v1.1) for this to work!
- A bug was fixed when copying files over in USB mode
- This prevents potential Memory Card corruption even though I never had any problems with older releases
- Line breaks in SFO files have been fixed and long names now scroll
- Option to disable the warning message when you install ‘unsafe’ VPK files
Due to the memory card corruption bug fix, it is advised that you update to version 1.95 as soon as possible especially if you use USB file transfer. Updating is a pretty simple affair since VitaShell prompts you itself to update if you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
To view the full changelog or grab the VPK, simply check out the link below. If you encounter any issues, report them in the Issues tab of the below link.
VitaShell 1.95 GitHub page: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/latest
TheFlow’s Twitter (further updates): https://twitter.com/theflow0
TheFlow’s Patreon (for donating a few bucks): https://www.patreon.com/TheOfficialFloW