Humble Bundle monthly for August gets you a Hat in time, the Escapists 2, and Conan exiles + $100 worth of games for $12. (Affiliate link)

EmuParadise stops hosting ROMs for older consoles – Yet another popular ROM website is hit due to the threat of legal action

Aurora

1. Osoreshi says:

I cry everytime

2. tomberyx says:

It is realy a mess what nintendo is doing to us

3. Lennyvita says:

Middle finger to you Nintendo. This wont stop people from getting old school roms. Torrents, FTP and other sites. It just shows Nintendo’s greed. Yes people will say it their property however gamers have been playing emulators for the past 20 years. why now? Nintendo should focus on new games. This is a slap in the face to gamers.

• Zoe says:

NES mini, SNES mini and maybe a N64 mini thats the real reason

• Clankmon says:

This is the only reason I see for them doing this, as it does not look like they will be doing any sort of Virtual Console. It at least guarantees that those games are purchased rather than them being sold individually at like $7-8 a pop at a minimum.

• Jack Attack says:

They’ve only sold a few million of those and they don’t get much money due to hardware costs, distribution and licensing. They make far more from their virtual console sale. They’re doing this because of Switch piracy. They’re just picking off the low hanging fruit first. Also, the only website they sued actually took money directly as a monthly sub. So, it’s hard to say Nintendo is actually doing much of anything outside of targeting an obvious idiot.

• Prodigy says:

And that obvious idiot was probably doing just fine running website ads and asking people to install a toolbar for faster downloads. They made the mistake of not only trying to offer a paid subscription for content they don’t own, but also hosting it on their own site. Soon as I saw the change a few months ago I knew they wouldn’t last long without legal action.

4. xl666 says:

Wow Nintendo really sucks!

5. terrance says:

Yet Nintendo themselves in the past have downloaded Roms and then put them on eshop. At least in the case of Super Mario Bros for NES.

6. Donopatay says:

Wow. I was just browsing Emuparadise yesterday. It was working until just now.

7. mikasa says:

Isnt emuparadise hosted on Spain ? I thought they’ll never be affected by such law..

8. Franky says:

Why did my comment get removed?

9. sololo says:

I won’t buy nintendo stuff ever again.

10. F.CK NINTENDO says:

No, not the emuparadise. It was the best ROM database on the WEB =(

11. joe says:

This goes to show that emulation actually is piracy

12. Kevin says:

If this had happened a year ago I am sure Nintendo wouldn’t be selling as much NES/SFC/SNES MINI as they did. Shame on you Nintendo.

13. Mark says:

meant to type statute* of limitations?…

14. Ethan Weegee says:

Wow, this was the best site period to download ROMs… RIP EmuParadise 🙁

15. FUNintendo says:

Just another reason copyright law needs to be burned to the ground, and re-written entirely.

Any unique media, 20 years or older, should be released to public domain. If you can’t capitalize and profit on your product in 20 friggen years? Then GTFO of the business.

IP rights are kept just fine, but going after these roms, movies, books, music, etc. Should be public domain, for private use. You cannot charge money for them, or profit from them. This 75 year BS is beyond the realm of stupid, and clear into the realm of insanity.

• hmm says:

Nintendo would just read your entire comment and laugh at you with giving you the middle finger.
      I can’t help but think this is in timing with its Online service and its “free” Online Nes games.

16. tomberyx says:

“http://emu-russia.net” will be the next aim, i think.

• DD says:

Next? You really thin someone in Russia gives a single f about dumb american capitalist laws?

• cracking says:

Here you go again, acting all tough about American laws.
        You’re aware that Nintendo is a JAPANESE company, correct?
        If their threats meant nothing, then why are these high-profile ROM sites being taken down?
        Why are you even on here preaching your bs about how you’re invincible to copyright law? lol loser

• lolo says:

Nintendo paying bots to post on hacking sites, that’s a new low, even for them. Go buy a gun for your trailer or something.

17. makak1984 says:

I’ve used EP for some time, database was huge… specially for retro computers for example backups of games on tapes, console prototype games etc. RIP

18. Crzo says:

While it saddens me to see emuparadise roms going away, I still have great admiration for Nintendo l’s achievements to deter rom sharing… They are really cracking down on 3DS piracy and rom websites, some people say it’s too lat3 and while they won’t remove every rom from the net, they are surely making great feats.

19. KamenWolf says:

let’s take our hats down and give some respect to thsi wonderful site…
    we will always miss you, emuparadise…

20. Alpmaster007 says:

Raspberry PI blows all Nintendo products out the water long live emulation. This just proves how greedy Nintendo is now. Here’s a thought stop restricting Virtual Console!!!

21. Luziano says:

This was my go-to site to download ROMs and PSP ISOs during the PSP days. #RIP

22. nope says:

We already have avenues to play “our favourite retro game ROMs”. How about *everything else* for the past 50 years?

23. sloppycrap says:

If there’s anything Trump is helping us on, it’s making sure America doesn’t get to tell anyone else how to act.

24. Azure7th says:

legends fall but another begins again

25. Sadness, the internet is slowly dying ! D:

• none says:

No, you are not correct because you do not know where to find them. There are so plentiful of roms and isos. Most of them are underground private sites. Many of the internets are very actively! 🙂

26. None says:

That’s ok. There are plenty of underground private sites and I am enjoying them every minutes. Emuparadise is not a private site. That’s why Nintendo and Sony are easily finding them and wants them to get everything down. Tsk tsk, Emuparadise. A underground private site is a smart move and you didnt do it sooner, did you, emuparadise ? tsk tsk.

27. Darko says:

The best thing on emuparadise were preconverted psx2psp games. Rip ep and f gimicktendo.

28. Janedoe says:

I STRONGLY SUGGEST EVERYONE DOWNLOAD AS MANY ROMS FROM EVERY CONSOLE BELOW THE PS3/360 ERA FOR FUTURE HOSTING! I WORK FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT COMPANY AND THEY GAME CONPANIES ARE VERY SERIOUS AND WILL HAVE MOST ROMS SITES DOWN BY THE END OF THE YEAR!

29. PlaGeRaN says:

this was my number 1 site growing up, fond memories that kept me and my friends entertained.
    Thank you #Emuparadise you truly was amazing.

30. Tesla says:

So, Nintendo and other console makers, how can I play with my old legally purchased games now that you don’t manufacture the proper consoles to play them anymore?. You screw your clients with the middle finger?, is that it?.