VHBB 0.82 released: This great homebrew browser works again so you can go fill up your h-encore PSVita/PSTV easier than ever before!
Two weeks ago, TheFlow released h-encore for PSVita/PSTV consoles running FW 3.65-3.68 and obviously, people needed a way to get homebrew on there. Many were displeased to see that VHBB was no longer working and now, its creator has stepped in to amend that!
What is VHBB?
VHBB, or Vita Homebrew Browser, is a homebrew utility that downloads and installs homebrew from Rinnegatamante’s VitaDB. This utility, by devnoname120, was released in late March 2017 as a GekiHEN entry and it managed to win the utility section prize of $250.
Shortly after its release, this piece of homebrew became quite popular and it currently has 15.8k downloads on VitaDB and plenty more via GitHub and other sources. Vita Homebrew Browser has the following features:
- Support for all hacked PSVita/PSTV devices running FW 3.60-3.68.
- An easy-to-navigate touch interface that could also be controlled with the d-pad and buttons.
- The ability to download and install any homebrew of your choice
- It can also data files without any user intervention for homebrew that needs them!
- Categories, like those found on VitaDB, so that you can easily sort through the homebrew available.
- Screenshots and a description of every piece of homebrew available! (provided they’re available on VitaDB)
What got updated/added in version 0.82?
VHBB 0.82 bring about the following:
- TLSv1.2 support which makes it work again!
- Before this update, Vita Homebrew Browser was spewing out a network error since BinTray, the place where it downloads the actual files from, dropped support for older versions of TLS. Thankfully, this update makes VHBB work on FW 3.60/3.65 as well even though the browser on these firmwares doesn’t support TLSv1.2.
Obviously, this is a must-have update so it’s recommended you go get it straight away. For novice users, you should do the following to get VHBB:
- Click the link below and download the VPK
- Open VitaShell and copy it to your PSVita/PSTV via USB or FTP
- Make sure you have the toggle for Enable Unsafe Homebrew ON in Settings (found in HENkaku Settings)
- Back to VitaShell, navigate to where you copied it and install it!
If you find any issues, simply report them to devnoname120 through the Issues tab on the GitHub link below.
VHBB 0.82 GitHub page (changelog + download link): https://github.com/devnoname120/vhbb/releases