PS Vita: Adrenaline (PSP Emulator custom firmware) updated to version 6.6, improves performance and fixes crashes
Hacker TheFlow has released update 6.6 to Adrenaline for the PS Vita
What is Adrenaline for PS Vita?
Adrenaline is a Custom Firmware for the PSP, running within the PSP emulator of the PS Vita. In other words, this lets you run a complete PSP Custom Firmware on your hacked PS Vita, which according to the Readme, “transforms your PS Vita into a two-in-one device”.
The PSP was one of the best platforms ever for homebrew enthusiasts, and has lots of homemade content. I’d definitely suggest people to install Adrenaline on their PS Vita if that isn’t the case yet.
As far as this update and the previous one (6.5 from 2 days ago) are concerned, they could bring significant benefits for some of the users. Specifically (adapted from the 6.5 and 6.6 changelog):
- Added updated inferno driver by codestation which improves performance of CSO reading.
- Added option to choose USB device.
- Added xmc0: option.
- Fixed stupid mistake that made DJ max portable 1 crash. Install it again, because this has been added post-release. If you installed using System Update, you’ve to update manually to have this change included
- Fixed little bug in msfs.
- Removed savestate version restriction, old savestates will not disappear anymore.
- Tekken 6 can now be played with any CPU speed.
(And for those of you curious about the origins of the Inferno Driver, you can check an old interview of ColdBird and Virtuous Flame, the hackers behind it, here.)
Download and install Adrenaline 6.6
To install and run Adrenaline, from the Readme:
- Download Adrenaline.vpk and install it using VitaShell.
- Launch Adrenaline and press X to download the 6.61 firmware. After finishing it will automatically terminate.
- Relaunch Adrenaline, this time it will go into pspemu mode. Follow the instructions on screen.
You will need a hacked PS Vita to run Adrenaline. As a reminder, you can hack your Vita with h-encore on firmwares up to 3.68. See our Vita Hacking page for details.