TheFlow creates a Patreon – You can now easily support the maker of h-encore, Adrenaline, VitaShell and more!
TheFlow is one of the most prominent developers in the PSVita scene and like all others, he releases his work free.
Now, he’s decided to create a Patreon because after all, he’s just a student that could do with a little extra income!
What has TheFlow done?
TheFlow, previously known as Total_Noob, has created various invaluable pieces of software for hacked PSVita/PSTV devices which undoubtedly, every PSVita hacker uses.
Among the software by TheFlow that made the PSVita great again, we find:
- h-encore – This is a hack for PSVita/PSTV consoles running FW 3.65 to 3.68! Furthermore, it also allows you to install HENkaku Enso (untether) on FW 3.65. It must be noted that Freakler found the entry point for this hack but TheFlow made it into a full hack!
- Adrenaline – A piece of software for hacked PSVitas running HENkaku (FW 3.60-3.68) that lets you run PSP and PS1 games almost perfectly. Furthermore, it also has many features such as screen filters, save states and the full XMB experience.
- VitaShell – Installed on every hacked PSVita/PSTV console, VitaShell is a file manager with FTP/USB transfer capabilities, themes and much more.
- Download Enabler – A plugin to let you download any file you want from the browser, not only images and a few other file types that Sony allows you to download.
- NoNpDrm – Yet another plugin, but this strips DRM out of official games. While it’s used for piracy purposes, it could be used with legitimate backups of your games. NoNpDrm can make your legitimate backups run on unactivated PSVita consoles as well.
- GTA Remastered – An Adrenaline (ePSP) plugin that adds right analogue stick to the PSP GTA games to make them control better.
- 3.65 Updater – A recently made obsolete piece of software (with the release of h-encore) that allowed users of FW 3.60 to upgrade to FW 3.65 back in March. h-encore should be used on FW 3.65 today NOT this software
- Other plugins including a right analogue stick patch for Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider and Resistance running on Adrenaline. Various other contributions in the pre-HENkaku days
Why should I donate? What do I get out of it?
TheFlow’s reason behind creating his Patreon is because he has limited income as he’s only a student. We have to remember that TheFlow has put countless hours in developing the aforementioned software and gave it out for free. Instead of developing all this great software, he could’ve done some part-time work which would’ve probably earned him more money. Furthermore, he could have set up a small fee (which I don’t think is wrong considering he’s just a student) for using his great software (for example €5) which would have earned him a couple of thousand euro. However, he didn’t do this and up until now, only accepted donations via PayPal which didn’t earn him much.
Obviously, the main reason of backing him is to show support and give your thanks BUT he’s provided some incentive for backing him! Among his donation tiers we find:
- Newbie, Noob, Skilled ($1-7.99/month) tiers which don’t have any perks apart from a cool-sounding name
- Total Noob ($8+/month): Through this, you can beta test his upcoming software!
- Expert ($16+/month): You can request little tweaks to his homebrew
- Programmer ($32+/month): You can request new features in his homebrew and get access to an exclusive picture of him which will surely not be leaked!
- Hacker ($64+/month): This tier lets you request new projects for him to work on. Maybe some benefactor can persuade him to work on a Nintendo 64 emulator, a better-performing Nintendo DS emulator, Linux on the PSVita or something else! Update: TheFlow has contacted me and told me he doesn’t know how to write emulators but he may embark on other projects such as plugins that make your experience better, such as more dual analogue stick plugins for Adrenaline.
If you don’t like donating monthly, you can still probably donate a fixed amount if you contact him directly.
To donate, simply press the link below and set up your Patreon if you don’t have an account. Wololo is not affiliated with Patreon in any way and it will not get any cuts of the money you donate!
TheFlow’s Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheOfficialFloW